Chord GroundArry plugs

48 hours latter with those two plugs in,I feel music is more in control… I can raise the volume up without having aggressive sound out from my speakers

3 Likes

In fairness they will all be pulling a few watts each perhaps upto 15, Its likely fine its not like they are boiling ten kettles.

3 Likes

My dealer had a batch of different ground arrays shortly after they came out, so I tried them. I did find that they cleaned the sound up a bit but at the expense of robbing the music of a little life and excitement. After a couple of weeks I concluded that they changed the sound but not, in my system, necessarily for the better.

What I feel is that the sound is fuller and more controlling. Quiet between the instruments. But
Lacks a little shine at the top…less crispy.

I’ve found more sparkle in the top end, though more noticeable on some recordings more than others. But certainly more fuller and cohesive. I wonder how much it is system dependent?

We need to get used to what we got now because there are usually advantages and disadvantages…I think the advantages are above

1 Like

I’ve found more sparkle in the top end:

Every person has is own brain convertor :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :wink:

1 Like

Good to know. Sounds a bit like how I felt about the M6 mains block and if the effect is similar then these are probably not for me too.

How did you choose your username again ?

@james_n
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, I listened to the M6 block and thought the same thing. Nice but not so live! I’m not sure that the expensive Chord stuff, as good as it is, takes my system in the direction I want it to go. It was the same when I listened to the Chord array interconnects. I just found them musically a bit odd and thought Superlumina was far more convincing.

1 Like

I feel differently Geko. SL is more grainy IMO and not more “live” either. Although faster for sure. I’ve just sourced a Chord Music mains cable and fitted it to my S1. Superb! I believe there may well be a certain synergy between the top Chord cables and Kudos speakers.

1 Like

I’ve not listened to Chord Music, so can’t comment. However, it is on my bucket list when the opportunity arises.

1 Like

Sadly ( because it’s so expensive) it is a considerable improvement over even Sarum T.

just found them musically…I think it’s enough to decide…and that’s I realized what GroundArray brings

1 Like

Anyone try the RJ45 version with their EE8Switch? This is the one I’m most interested in.

2 Likes

Ditto

1 Like

@Mike_S has one, and posted about it on this very thread. Two days ago.

3 Likes

Thanks HH. I missed that. I likely got confused between the GroundAray plugs and the new Powerblock which isn’t available in North America yet.