Chord GroundArry plugs

I am just questioning, not really sceptical.
If my dealer has some Chord plugs to try, I will try with pleasure. I am open to such things.
As for Entreq, I tried 2 different grounding boxes from them, at different positions.
Unfortunately it didn’t worked for me. I found some pros but also coins. The sound was a bit clearer, softer, but lost some life and spontaneity. My ears, my system….

1 Like

I wasn’t referring to you at all, apologies if it seemed that way. Just making the pont that some who have scoffed at these devices on this forum have invested heavily in cables and power supplies that would equally be scoffed at on nother forums. Not a dig at anyone just an observation of human nature really

3 Likes

@frenchrooster

My leads are

Titan Mains block/ Titan Elektra/NDX Titan Eros/300DR NAIM PL/SC

1 Like

Thanks, I thought the contrary indeed. Good to know :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Good to know. I have the Eros too. Big Kharma power cord from wall. I will try that Chord array, or Anzus sort ( the same) if I have the opportunity. :+1:

@Meni maybe try the USB one into the Melco N10 if you can and see if that is better/worse vs the ND555 placement. I would be interested in this experiment.

A fair comment. Though both @JonoB and I use the piggy back plug arrangement that’s unique to New Zealand, which generally performs better than any power block. So, it free’s us up to twiddle elsewhere.

Don’t know what is the piggy black plug arrangement honey.
But I remember you have the Isotek Sirius powerblock. You connect however your 250 dr straight in the wall. Correct ? What is the power cord to wall , the most important power cable ?

1 Like

The “piggy back” is a plug that is plugged into the back of another, sweetie. Effectively, each plug is connected through the copper pins to the wall socket with star earthing. In my case I have three Powerlines stacked into one wall socket, with the 250 first then the SC then the 555PS.

I found this to sound more dynamic than using the Sirius. But with the SN2 and the Nova, the Isotek power boards sounded better. The higher level gear seems to be better without the filtering that’s in the Isotek power boards.

1 Like

I decided to keep the two I have. Might try one on the 252 at some stage if people report favorable results and I’m feeling flush.

1 Like

Are you planning to add one for your switch?

1 Like

Yes, I have a RJ45 one on the EE8 switch and a BNC one on my NDX2. After a few trials I concluded that the best result was using both of them together.

3 Likes

@frenchrooster and @Mike_S

I like this “honey” and “sweetie” business!
A new sense of playful camaraderie on the Forum.

Excellent, mi amore :heart:

5 Likes

…and just after I’ve taken a photo of my 3 plug stacked arrangement. Although my is slightly more agricultural, as I’ve only got the one powerline…

(I haven’t trying taking off the plastic wrap on the outermost plug to see if it’s got any sonic benefit. At this point I think that it must have been lucky to last so long, and what I really want is a lucky power cable).

2 Likes

Beats a $2K + power board :sunglasses:

Just do both surely? :flushed:

2 Likes

That might be slightly excessive, even by Kiwi standards.

That reminded me of the charging station at a mountain bike Enduro race I did in provence a few years back. It obviously wasn’t an electrical fire waiting to happen :thinking:

1 Like

The UK forum members have just gone, OMG……

4 Likes

Just a bit of light hearted fun for our New Zealand based cousins, no cause for concern on this occasion!

1 Like