Chord powerhouse m6 or S6

Not to dry hair of course, but Naimees got to bend that NACA5 somehow!

1 Like

The Chord Signature mains lead for my loan M6 arrived today.

Initial impressions are that it provides a significant step up from the Epic mains cable previously supplied.

More benchmark tests to be done but looking positive so far.

1 Like

I always forget Shunyata is based practically in my backyardā€¦

Really ought to get a listen . Talk to Richard Rogers, great guy.

1 Like

Actually Iā€™m going to give him a call tomorrow.

Cool!! Iā€™ll be interested in what he recommends for your system.

2 Likes

He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy

1 Like

Pete brings a new meaning to Don Corleoneā€™s reference to Luca Brasiā€™s MO. He makes an offer that canā€™t be refused. :joy:

Iā€™m also using one on my M6 and for a laugh I tried one on the NAPSC that powers my Headline. Oh. My. Word. :laughing:

2 Likes

As Dave said above: ā€œDo not go near Musicā€ - you cannot unhear it !

1 Like

Chord Music is too rich for my blood - I use a MCRU ā€˜The Firstā€™ on mine and very happy I am too.

The M6 is great in my system. Slowly but surely Iā€™ve converted to only using a single dedicated supply ( I have four) with everything in the block. I found sequence relevant . Iā€™ve gone
S1-500p/s -555p/s(a)- 300p/s ( Solstice)-Supercap(Superline)-555p/s(d)

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to derail this thread but there is a dealer ā€œonlyā€ 300 miles away where I can take a look/listen. With my Naim equipment/budget he recommended the Venom PS10 however I was thinking the Hydra Delta D6 which will likely be in the same price range as the Chord powerhouse when/if it becomes available in North America.

@Richard.Dane How would I contact someone privately? Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™d hold fire; I heard that both S6 and M6 are going through the safety approval process in the US and should be available there soon. If that is the case, you really should try to get to hear an M6, itā€™s fabulous.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave! I really hope it doesnā€™t cost more than a black box. We in North America get screwed on duty/shipping/taxes etc.

When I was at the Bristol Show, I attended a Chord demo (which incidentally had the best sounding Naim-based system at the event) and someone asked if theyā€™d be making them for the US. I didnā€™t catch the price, if the question was asked.

1 Like

To PowerHaus M6, S6 or any other quality power strip or conditioner owners.

May I ask on the arrangement of mains cables that are connected to the mains power block. Does the best (costliest) mains cable go between the wall outlet and mains block? Or the cable that goes between the wall outlet and mains block is from the same manufacturer ie. Chord Signature or Sarum T to PowerHaus M6, Audioquest Tornado to Niagara 1200 etc., and the best costliest cables are used between the block to components?

I know the typical response of ā€œtry it and see for yourselfā€. Just curious.

I attended a demo with a guy from chord and his recommendation was to prioritize the incoming power cable to the S6/M6 if put in that situation. I have not experimented with other incoming cables as they use a different connector. But did have four different level cables out of the M6 on my home demo unit and an incoming at ā€œlevel 3ā€ (epic) did not mask the superiority of the of a signature X (level 4) so I would not lose sleep if I had a lower level in than out.

2 Likes

My hope is everyone in Europe gets all these Chord Powerhaus questions sorted out so when they are released in North America I wonā€™t have to ask. :star_struck:

1 Like