Chord signature or Naim Hi Line

My ears have gotten used to the Lavender now, it ain’t so bad. I’m missing the fuller tauter bass , richness in the midrange , tonality and resolution the HiLine brings but the lavender brings a leading edge to it, a more sort of faster paced ‘old school’ sound. :joy:

Surely cables cannot “bring” anything to the sound, they are inate objects. I can see how they can filter out what may already be there though.

1 Like

Yes i was describing the change in sound - in other words - i’m already missing my HiLine but the lavender will do for the interim period while it’s away.

2 Likes

That’s my understanding. If they sound different, it’s because they are filtering certain frequencies. They should not, nor can’t add anything. Just take stuff away.

Yup - it just isn’t the same, no matter how hard i try. Damn you! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Had my Hi-Line for maybe 15 years. Never broken it…

3 Likes

Congratulations

2 Likes

Are you talking to yourself🤔

2 Likes

Apologies, haven’t read the thread but before anyone pays over a coupe of hundred pounds on an interconnect I’d suggest trying this

.sjb

1 Like

I’d imagine HiLine reliability maybe linked to temperature. If they are in a position that fluctuates greatly in terms of heat, this will make the rings and cable more likely to Flexi, misshape over time. Those who’ve had no problems with the cable may have the system, cables in an area away from radiators, other sources of heat and remain at a cooler more constant temperature.

When I had one (warmer position) I did notice the plug start to misshape under the strain of the cable over time.

My system sits in a corner of a room with no other heat source than the hi-fi itself anywhere near it. The radiators are located on the other side of the room. If heat emitted from the naim boxes is a hi-line concern then blimey, we’ve really got a problem!!

Peter

1 Like

Similar to mine then, never suffered any breakages so you should be fine. :ok_hand:t5:

Err, not quite my experience - two or three broken - never again!

Peter

3 Likes

Mine failed in the room opposite the radiator and room was fairly constant

Well… that confirms it ain’t heat related :joy:

Yeah I tried one between my 250 and SC, and went back to the Naim issue.

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

I hear voices… :rofl: :flushed:

1 Like

Thanks! @LindsayM

Naim! Thank you very much for your hard work! KEEP GOING. Wonderful!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.