Chord signature or Naim Hi Line

Unfortunately, there is no such cable of TQ thst had RCA-DIN connections.
If I want to use RCA-DIN, then only options of high quality cables are Naim or Chord

Ahhhh. Had no idea. Would go Naim or Witch Hat myself then. Chord cables have always rubbed me the wrong way.

1 Like

Well if they did then they fibbed on the documentation which came back, which seems unlikely.

Actually, have just looked back and realised that Iā€™ve had 3 issues not 2. First was a repair for no cost. Second was a replacement. Third was a replacement.

1 Like

Simonā€™s comment makes sense. I had two hi-line failures and am convinced the problem was the dead weight of the cables over stressing the connector rings until they simply failed. The cables were simply not fit for purpose and I moved on. Presumably it would not be beyond the realms of possibility for Naim to revisit the detailing of the connectors and make them more robust. They certainly did so with the super lumina. If this is the case then I would recommend the hi-line as a very significant improvement over the lavender cables. Iā€™d like some degree of certainty that they have been modified since the original flawed product I experienced several years back.

Peter

Iā€™m on my 3rd Hi-Line and not had a single failure. Iā€™ve probably jinxed myself now. :grinning:

My 1st was on my old CDX2/XPS2 and it was definitely an upgrade on the supplied Lavender. The 2nd came with the s/hCD555 and was fine but soon upgraded for Superlumina. The 3rd was a used RCA/DIN for the LP12 built in Urika phonostage to the 552. So far so good because if that one breaks Iā€™ll have to get the deck back to dealer to remove it before sending it away. If that does happen, I might well try the Morgan version pictured a few posts above. Superlumina RCA/DIN is too costly as an option at the moment.

1 Like

Focal/Naim in Canada will repair faulty hiline or replace it under warranty at NC. Customer service is stellar based on my experience. The hiline sounds great with CDS3, a huge improvement compared to lavender. Superlumina is very pricey but probably worth the cost.

1 Like

Yes i kind of thought the same earlier when i posted above. Three does seem to be the lucky number thoughā€¦ :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

In my humble opinion the correct comparison would be between the H.L. and the SARUM and not against the Signature.

Sarum costs much more than Hi lineā€¦

When you want to compare i.c at the same level, more or less, price is the last thing that matters.
What determines is the musical result and nothing more.

I had the hiline for a test some years ago. Then bought the signature tuned array, I found more musical for my tastes.
The Sarum t is on other league.

2 Likes

Sarum is in the league of Super-Luminaā€¦

1 Like

I have a different opinion. Signature is a great option, both sound quality and for the price point, I have several signatures interconnects (streamer cable from switch to ND555/NAP 300 to Supercap x2/Supercap to NAC 252), as well as a SL between my ND555 and NAC252. I think Signature is one of the best Ā£ per musical enjoyment options out there. If you donā€™t wants push to a SL then listen to Signature, you most likely wonā€™t be disappointed.

2 Likes

I have Chord Signature Tuned Aray DIN-RCA too. Sounds great but I didnā€™t compare with Hiline.

1 Like

Hi Community
I read now in this thread and in other threads many posts about Witch Hat Morgana cables.
Were anyone able to compare the Morgana with Chord Signature?

It is not clear to me what is the basis for your statements regarding ā€œleaguesā€ ā€¦
Who determined what a low / high league is ?!
As I noted above, the only basis for determining the superiority of this or that I.C., is the musical result and not its place in the company catalog or promotion that relates to a particular item ā€¦
And back to the discussion, then, from my experience alone, the synergy of Naim cables with their equipment, is excellent in the final musical result.
Obviously for the 500 series you will want to use S.L and not H.L ,or Naca5, but there are friends here who prefer the latter over the former, musically ā€¦

1 Like

Had the hiline in place for a year. The dead weight of the cable has broken one of the ribs. It has not been moved or abused.
I wonder if the plastic has gone slightly brittle.

After reading this sort of thing over the past while, I have made sure that the bend in my Hi-line sits on the floor and effectively supports the weight of the cable. I know that this method is the very opposite of cable dressing recommendations, but I believe it is a wise move.

Hi community
I would like to ask again -
Whatever cable I choose to connect my DAC to my SN3 - Morgana or Chord Signature or HI LINE - should I purchase RCA-DIN or RCA-RCA or it does not make any difference ?
Thanks in advance

RCA-Din every time

1 Like