Chord signature or Naim Hi Line

Agreed. RCA-DIN.

Which good RCA-DIN available these days ? Ideally not as high as SL price point

Chord Signature or Naim hi line or Morgana

2 Likes

Itā€™s like if you were asking: what shall I drink, whiskey, scotch or vodka?

1 Like

How if you didnā€™t touch them mike ?

The wind

1 Like

Ha ha good one frenchrooster

2 Likes

I have just noticed a couple of plastic rings have broken ā€œagain!ā€ at the back of one of the connectors - thatā€™s the forth time now - it seems to me that this cable is simply not fit for the purpose. Itā€™s an outrageously flawed design.:rage:

1 Like

Yes, and thanks to this and other warnings, Iā€™ve added some support to the lower part of the cable to take the pressure off the connector. Thank you for the heads up.
And I agree, a cable of this quality should not be doing this.

1 Like

I think Witch Hat have overtaken the asylum.

6 Likes

A pig in a poke springs to mind - sorry but iā€™m feeling a little peeved off. Iā€™ll try and take it to my dealer tomorrow for yet another repair.

2 Likes

Repair it and sell it, thats the best thing to do with them, let someone else have the hassle, thats what i did with mine. Plus havenā€™t missed them for a second.

Iā€™m surprised Naim keep it in production to be honestā€¦iā€™m always very mindful of itā€™s fragility, but that is not enough, so it turns out.

1 Like

I feel your pain Stephen, my pristine condition, well looked after hiline broke of its own accord without being touched.

Given up and have a witch hat on order

Suprised there hasnā€™t been a fix for these

1 Like

You could try a Which hat , not expensive and better vs the lavender apparently.

I sincerely apologise here to the OP for the thread drift, in terms of with the comparison to a Chord Signature. It wasnā€™t my intention to go all negative on the HiLine either.

Indeed i like the performance from the HiLine and i do not want to go searching for other manufacturers cables, nor do i want to mix ā€˜nā€™ match. SuperLumina is way out of my willingness to spend that amount of money on a interconnect cable for a SN3. I also agree with mickdale in why there hasnā€™t been a ā€˜properā€™ fix for these ongoing breakages. Mmmā€¦i feel kinda stumped in a funny sort of way. I have tried the lavender again but it lasted no more than about half a track, back in went the broken HiLine. These things play on oneā€™s mind though, with oneā€™s own OCD and all.

2 Likes

Try the Tellurium Q Black. Itā€™s well made, wonā€™t fall to bits, and sounds good. There is life beyond the Hiline, and Witch Hat come to that.

2 Likes

If you really like the HiLine and want to keep it all Naim, perhaps you should break with convention and get the RCA version, which doesnā€™t have those fragile plastic bits.

@Dave @david1111 Can you elaborate more ? Do you mean a cable configured as RCA (source) ā†’ DIN (preamp) ?

You shouldnā€™t have to get an alternative that is not what naim recommend - because the best option may well fail and fail again.

1 Like