8 Likes

So said the man with the wooden leg.

1 Like

10 Likes

6 Likes

Remember genetics = memetics.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Why was there no women in ancient philosophy and now in contemporary philosophy ?

1 Like

Iris Murdoch springs to mind and more ancient would include Hypatia of Alexandria.

1 Like

Yes . And, there has been a good few “Readers discourse reevaluations” of some of the more modern writers getting a good thorough going over by the young ladies.

1 Like

Who ever put this together was having a little laugh.

For a start Marx and Heidegger need to swap places. :rofl:

Cue for Monty Python…

1 Like

Yes I saw this earlier in the week; but my punk knowledge is inadequate to evaluate it.

Essentially punk is the social science agitating the individual against (or more importantly knowledge of one’s place and importance in and within) the state.
A recurring theme throughout the history of philosophy - the oldest of social sciences, perhaps.

It would be great if a punked up young lady started agitating…

3 Likes

and I always thought it was a load of

3 Likes

I’m thinking young Greta has been wishing she had a pair.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Is there room for progressive radicalism in this definition? I have been educated by Matthew Syed this week on the matter of Woke.

1 Like

She features fairly regularly on my Facebook page being carted off by the German rozzers

She seems happy

It does seem odd that the term “woke” is now considered derogatory. Whereas the ideology behind it is entirely positive enabling some folk to engage with things for their own good and for the “others”.
In my day the ideology was known as “cultural and historical awareness” with the key words “disenfranchised” and “hegemony” thrown in for good measure. :rofl:
I blame it on the cold blooded lizard overlords.

3 Likes

“People are underestimating the force of angry kids.” - Greta Thunberg.

“Get out of the way if you can’t lend a hand.” - Bob Dylan.

2 Likes

“Man who goes to sleep with itchy bottom, wakes up with stinky finger” - ancient Chinese proverb

3 Likes