Cod philosophy

5 Likes

Crucial.

2 Likes

11 Likes

IMG_2627

Young men wasting years of youthful looks by wearing a stupid beard.

6 Likes

12 Likes

"A few years ago, in an episode of “QI” that I appeared in, Stephen Fry explained that almost everyone in Western Europe is a direct descendant of Charlemagne, and almost everyone in the UK a direct descendant of William the Conqueror.

These were facts based on overwhelming statistical likelihood: someone of English ancestry today will have two parents, four grandparents, eight great-grandparents, etc. Spin this back ten centuries and their number of ancestors hits about 8 billion, many times the total number of humans alive on earth at that time, let alone England and Normandy.

So, a person living now must be descended from a person living then by many many different routes, not just one. That makes the chances of any given person with any English ancestry at all not descending from William by at least one of those routes so vanishingly small as to be, in practical terms, impossible.

Royal blood gets everywhere, basically. Just ask Richard III after a clean-up at the Tower."

— David Mitchell, “Unruly: A History of England’s Kings and Queens” (2023)

4 Likes

4 Likes

I like that. But still makes no sense. Schrödinger’s Monster ?
Unless we can clarify who or what is Frankenstein.
The most accepted idea is Frankenstein was the dr and the monster was nameless.
Although through popular culture the monster is known as Frankenstein.
Either way both are monsters.
But, one can seem more monstrous than the other depending on the particular phantom of thought.

1 Like

The implication is that Frankenstein is the monster for his activities and proclivity for unethical practices

1 Like

6 Likes

Reality bites.

Bless.

2 Likes

Very nasty for the young man and his family.

We forget about the risks that people like stunt workers (even wrestlers) take to keep us entertained

3 Likes

10 Likes

I didn’t know whether this should be Cod Philosophy or Show Us Your Pets

5 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

IMG_2720

9 Likes

This isn’t Cod Philosopy it’s profoundly true…

2 Likes