Cod philosophy

That’s just existing. Life HAS no meaning in fact, other than that which a person chooses to give it for reasons of their own which seem good to them.

Otherwise, you just end up like a vegetable sitting on your arse and getting lung cancer from smoking whilst waiting to die, who can’t even afford a decent haircut.

Bit like Alan Watts.

1 Like

12 Likes

I know of someone who went into a police station and asked for licence to shoot red kites because they attacked babies in prams.

She had read it on Facebook

5 Likes

That’s ridiculous … it’s the yellow kites that attack babies in prams …

5 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up for me

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

Not sure if this is exactly cod

4 Likes

We’re going to send this to our therapist!

1 Like

7 Likes

3 Likes

“So remember the very special words:
Happy-day-long, Toy-lytown, newspaper-reading, chuckly smile-oad
They all had a lovely time
Gnomes came, Huckelberry Fickle Tickle My Fingold,
Boy Blue left his horn stuffed under the settee and brought his melotrone
And freaked 'em all out, oh, what a mindblast!
Jacky Jill, knees up, Mother Brodie.
Oh, what a joy of a trickly how was there.
I hope you’ll turn out three quarters half as lovely, won’t you wouldn’t half and enjoy it
Study cool, won’t ya?”

Professor Stanley Unwin by way of the Small Faces.

2 Likes

Small boys in the park,
Jumpers for goalposts.
Mmmmm.

3 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

Very true

4 Likes

Yes it’s true, the Christmas holidays absolutely suck for many people and it’s not something that one normally thinks about.
It’s funny I’ve had all kinds of situations, moments, and seemingly never ending, times throughout my life that have been absolutely terrible, but they’ve never been centered around or triggered by the Christmas holidays. In my genuine opinion, life is a grind and one spends much of one’s time just getting through it.
Funny ol’ world …

3 Likes

Dad died many years ago in December after a long illness, everybody enjoying themselves when you are grieving makes it more difficult.

Christmas can be an absolute nightmare as it heightens a bad situation. I’ve had Christmas Days where my main aim has been to be in a country where 25th December is just another day.

Fully with Uncle Ebenezer on this one

4 Likes

‘A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he is, tells you.’

Bert Leston Taylor

7 Likes