Concerts planned for 2019

Resurrecting my thread from the old forum, flush with the excitement of the new forum (and a slight change of user name), here we go…

Day6 at Kentish Town Forum - the Kpop madness continues

BTS concert film at Vue Cinema - see above

Steve Reich’s Music for 18 Musicians in February

Terry and Gyan Riley at Union Chapel in April

1 Like

Just 3 confirmed so far…

• Steve Reich, Nottingham, February
  • The Cinematic Orchestra, Manchester March - tickets went on sale just this morning!
  • Billy Joel, Wembley, June (a gift for my wife who is a big fan)
1 Like

Mark Knopfler, 10th of May in Milan

1 Like

In the pub near us, in a couple of weeks, should be a fairly chilled out affair.

1 Like

Hi Spacecadett, where is the Reich happening in Nottingham?

It’s at the Royal Concert Hall on the 15th Feb…

2 Likes

Thank you,

and I see Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla and Patricia Kopatchinskaja are playing Bartok there in May.
Typical, I worked nearby for years and hardly ever had such musical class on hand. Further away now.

I will go to Ligeti Quartet the day before at Sheffield University, 2 May. I had hoped to be In Europe then to see Bob Dylan but you can’t be everywhere at once.

I’ve been booking more 2019 Gigs (30 so far) …

Jan
Daylight Music - 298 (done); Fran & Flora; black midi; Field Music

Feb
Neil Cowley; Lost Crowns + Ham Legion; Daylight Music - 299; Steve Reich - London Sinfonietta; Daylight Music - 300; Sweet Billy Pilgrim; Yo La Tengo

Mar
This Is Not This Heat; Teeth Of The Sea; The Comet Is Coming; Oneohtrix Point Never; Fennesz + Ash Koosha; You Tell Me + Sweet Billy Pilgrim; Sarah Davachi (Sun); Sarah Davachi (Mon); Sharon Van Etten;
Caterina Barbieri

Apr
TERRY RILEY + GYAN RILEY; UNKLE; Teleman

May
Nick Mason; Gong; The Necks

June
King Crimson

Sept
Max Cooper

Nov
Big Big Train + Sweet Billy Pilgrim

2 Likes

Just had an email. Teenage Fanclub coming down under to Auckland.
I met them in Tokyo around 92’. I had a good buddy who was a driver for them in the UK. Got to meet them back stage. I only really remember we were the hook up for them in Japan. I also ate most of the food they were provided for some reason😬
Hope I can get to it.

1 Like

Currently:

Paul Carrack - York
The Alarm at The Gathering - Llandudno
Steve Harley - Pocklington
Nick Mason - Cambridge
Neil Young & Bob Dylan - London

And a Classic Album Sundays event;

Jimi Hendrix CAS evening- Jimi’s flat in Brook St., London

Richard

2 Likes

Never heard of these before & they have a really interesting website, thanks!!!

1 Like

Donald Fagen/Steely Dan and Steve Winwood in late Feb in London

1 Like

Just bought tix for the night the Experience Hendrix Tour comes to Milwaukee in March. This will be our 3rd time annually. This 2019 tour there will wont be any “abusive adlibs” by Zakk Wylde (sorry Mr Wylde, your Zakk Sabboth cover band rocks). Dave Mustaine & Joe Satriani are new this year.! The repeat lineup -young and old- are all tried and true INCREDIBLE. I can’t wait to see & of course hear all the vintage gear again.

1 Like

We have our tickets to see the great sisters Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer.

Live in Little Rock April 11.

3 Likes

Wilko Johnson at the Cliffs Pavillion in Southend, in March. Not a major event but looking forward to it all the same.

1 Like

Ian McNabb

2 Likes

Only 2 so far,
Amy Macdonald at Hammersmith Arena in February
Chris de Burgh at the Lowry in Salford in October

1 Like

Kamasi Washington - Brixton Academy - 05/03/19

1 Like

…and very good they were, too, and lovely people to talk to. If you’re into this sort of music, they’re in Bristol tonight, then a couple of London gigs - well worth a go…

Norah Jones just announced a North American tour (a small one) this summer. I told my wife immediately – I WANT TO GO!

1 Like