Concerts planned for 2019

Joe Jackson March 21st, Milano

As this is my 50th year we plan quite a few trips that I hope to coincide with both the San Javier and Cartagena Jazz festivals in Murcia, Spain for smallish festivals previous line ups have been very exciting and if possible the Rototom Sunsplash Reggae festival in Benicassim also in Spain.

This evening free ticket for a recital of Beatrice Rana, very much looking forward…

He is a genius…
https://g.co/kgs/sj8Cwv

Steve Hackett, in Cardiff St David’s Hall, Unfortunately not until November… :joy:

3 Likes

And now;

The Who - London

:smiley:

3 Likes

The Who here in Boston - at our baseball park Fenway Park.

1 Like

In an attempt to protect my less than perfect hearing I have been forced to moderate my choice of live music venues so alas less Gorilla (Manchester) and more Royal Northern College of Music. So far this year I have planned:
Evelyn Glennie - RNCM tonight 3rd Feb
William Basinski - Albert Hall Manchester 11th April
The Antlers - The Dancehouse Manchester 20th April

Mike

Dire Streets, Dereham, 29th March 2019 - seems apposite?

Knopfler and then Clapton one week later, both at the Royal Albert Hall…

Lau, if you don’t know, try a listen, often categorised as folk, they in many ways defy description. Exciting live.

Just decided to see Beth Rowley (again) in York next Tuesday…

Just added
Jan Jelinek at the Soup Kitchen Manchester Sun 31st March
A proper gig at last, I just can’t get on with all these sitting down things.

Mike

Just booked -
Tim Hecker @ Summerhall Edinburgh on 2nd April
A new venue for me and quite some distance away but Tim Hecker is well worth it especially as the venue is smallish (capacity 400) and is in the interestingly named ‘Dissection Room’!

Having thought about it I am pretty certain that this will be the first live music I have seen in Edinburgh since 1981 when I spent an evening or two in the Preservation Hall whilst working in the city for a couple of weeks.

Mike

1 Like

Bought tix last night for Dead and Company in June. May make the trip down the road for another couple of shows that weekend while they are in the area. Not as young as I used to be so 3 shows in 4 nights may be a bit rough. Also bought tix for Tedeschi Trucks Band in July. Still debating going to the 420 festival in Atlanta in April. Will just be for the last day 4/21 but that will be a great line up that day

Managed to Bag a ticket for one of my favourite artists, Demdike Stare, who along with Lee Gamble & Puce Mary is appearing at 180 The Strand London on 28th March. This is part of the Re-Textured Festival running at various London venues from 28th - 31st March.

Mike

Massive Attack at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. 11 days away :sunglasses:

1 Like

Update: Massive Attack just cancelled their North American tour due to an illness. Super bummed, and I hope the sick get back to 100%.

In about half an hour this will be filled by the Oxford Symphony Orchestra who will perform works by D’indy, Delius, Saint Seans and Scriabins’s Poem of ecstasy, a work that has given my old turntable (a Rock mk 2 with an Aro) a realy hard time over the years as it was performed by the USSR Symphony Orchestra under Svetlanov.

Coming up soon is Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets - in Cambridge.

On the basis of this clip it should be far out!

//www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=vYk4eaKOfSo

2 Likes