Concerts planned for 2019

Joe Jackson March 21st, Milano

As this is my 50th year we plan quite a few trips that I hope to coincide with both the San Javier and Cartagena Jazz festivals in Murcia, Spain for smallish festivals previous line ups have been very exciting and if possible the Rototom Sunsplash Reggae festival in Benicassim also in Spain.

This evening free ticket for a recital of Beatrice Rana, very much looking forward…

He is a genius…
https://g.co/kgs/sj8Cwv

Steve Hackett, in Cardiff St David’s Hall, Unfortunately not until November… :joy:

And now;

The Who - London

:smiley:

The Who here in Boston - at our baseball park Fenway Park.

In an attempt to protect my less than perfect hearing I have been forced to moderate my choice of live music venues so alas less Gorilla (Manchester) and more Royal Northern College of Music. So far this year I have planned:
Evelyn Glennie - RNCM tonight 3rd Feb
William Basinski - Albert Hall Manchester 11th April
The Antlers - The Dancehouse Manchester 20th April

Mike

Dire Streets, Dereham, 29th March 2019 - seems apposite?

Knopfler and then Clapton one week later, both at the Royal Albert Hall…

Lau, if you don’t know, try a listen, often categorised as folk, they in many ways defy description. Exciting live.

Just decided to see Beth Rowley (again) in York next Tuesday…

Just added
Jan Jelinek at the Soup Kitchen Manchester Sun 31st March
A proper gig at last, I just can’t get on with all these sitting down things.

Mike

Just booked -
Tim Hecker @ Summerhall Edinburgh on 2nd April
A new venue for me and quite some distance away but Tim Hecker is well worth it especially as the venue is smallish (capacity 400) and is in the interestingly named ‘Dissection Room’!

Having thought about it I am pretty certain that this will be the first live music I have seen in Edinburgh since 1981 when I spent an evening or two in the Preservation Hall whilst working in the city for a couple of weeks.

Mike