Concerts planned for 2019

Tomorrow I’m off to see Gov’t Mule in Manchester, 2 90 minute sets scheduled by the Mule. Looking forward to a feast of jam band playing.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing Richard Hawley play an intimate acoustic set at Rough Trade Nottingham on Wednesday.

1 Like

I’m not really one for big sprawling festivals. So glad I have tickets for the best festival this year, a smallish compact wonder that is LOVE SUPREME.
Some lovely acts lined up.
Gladys knight. Snarky puppy. Kamaal Williams. Joe Armon Jones. The Cinematic Orchestra showcasing new album…

1 Like

I’m sitting here listening to a rip from the new Ronnie Lane box-set, and I notice a friend of mine asking if anyone wants to go to see the Small Fakers tribute band on 18th October at the 100 Club. Checking my diary I realise I’m already planning to be at a band called Kuschty Rye that evening if the gig gets confirmed, the band describes itself as “inspired by the music of Ronnie Lane and Slim Chance”. So 18th October I’ll be at a Ronnie Lane inspired gig in London or Halifax.

Hey thats sounds great…enjoy the people Ronnie inspired. Still enjoying some if those magic moments in the box set. Surprised at the quality of the accompanying artwork etc.:+1:

1 Like

So far only one this november in Gothenburg

I have two tickets to sell for the Elton John concert in Lucca in Italy next 7 July … I can’t go

Cara Dillon. Now!
Just posting this during the interval :grinning:

1 Like

We are going to see Angela Hewitt playing Bach’s English Suites at Southampton’s Turner Sims on 15 October. I love her playing and to be able to see her play Bach live is beyond exciting and something I never thought would happen.

3 Likes

Thanks Nigel, I hadn’t noticed that she was playing the UK. I now have a ticket for her recital in Manchester in August. I was lucky enough to see her several times in London when I lived there, she is as superb on stage as she is on record.

A wonderful live band but the last time I saw them it was stupidly loud. I had forgotten my ear plugs so got some from the venue but it was still far too loud. I left after about 4 songs. Huge pity they are a great band live. Take your earplugs.

Death Cab for Cutie in August
Two Door Cinema Club in November

Off to see The Chemical Brothers at the O2 at the end of Nov. Looking forward to a bit of a boogie there.

1 Like

It wasn’t too bad, I got a bit of wall to lean on, not far from the stage, it was loud, but not dangerously so. And they were very very good.

Eoink

Good news, It may encourage to start to go to see them again. I tended to go every time they played in London but the last gig put me off.
If you like Gov’t Mule have you see Tedeschi Trucks Live?

1 Like

Sadly I’ve never seen Tedeschi Trucks, one to add to my watch list I think.

I’m going in the U.K. in December. Look forward to a review when you see him.

Was supposed to be seeing Dan Baird tomorrow night but it’s been postponed until May of next year. Unless something similar happens I’ll be seeing Eels in Nottingham (August) and Manchester (September) and Primal Scream in Leeds (December).

Defo , not as outright powerful as Gov’t Mule but equally as good. Derek is probably the better guitarist but is far more subtle.

1 Like

I’ll be finishing off June with 8 gigs. That will make it 56 gigs from Jan-June.

Arch Garrison + Charles Bullen + Kavus Torabi
black midi
King Crimson
Teeth Of The Sea
Ellen Arkbro
black midi - Album launch at Rough Trade East
North Sea Radio Orchestra
Daylight Music - 311 at Union Chapel