Concerts Planned for 2021

Although I do have a few non-yet-cancelled concerts in the diary for this year, realistically I’m writing off 2020 as a gigging year. I’m now starting to book for next year in hope. What has anyone else booked?

Pierce Brothers - Thekla Bristol - January 2021. Realistically the chances of a gig in a club in the hold of a dry-docked ship going ahead in the U.K. winter is extremely low, think of this booking as a gesture of defiance. I do like this young Aussie folk-rock duo.

Van Morrison - Kew Gardens - July 2021. Van the Man in a beautiful setting, I really hope this goes ahead.

Cropredy Festival - August 2021. Fairport’s annual reunion, managed to keep the same lineup as 2020.

1 Like

Acoustic Festival of Britain at the end of May,
Crowded House at Castlefield July,
Rumours of Fleetwood Mac also July,
Steve Harley August, :crossed_fingers:any of them actually happen.

1 Like

Currently in the diary - all moves from 20 in to 21. Some others I will book if things begin to look better and likely to happen such as Fish, John Scofield Trio.

Christian Wallumrod Ensemble - Café Oto London
Genesis - O2, London
Pat Metheny Side Eye - Munich Philharmonie
Thom Yorke - Hammersmith Apollo London
Joshua Redman, Christian McBride, Brad Mehldau, Brian Blade - Moodswing - Barbican London
Steve Hackett - Brighton Dome
New Order - O2, London

2 Likes

Oh thanks @Lontano, I’d forgotten two moved from 2020.
John Smith - Bury - May 2021
Richard Thompson - Pocklington - July 2021

1 Like

Friend of mine books for larger venues across the UK. Firmly of the view that the overwhelming majority of 2021 gigs won’t go ahead. Being booked to raise profile of format sales and streams knowing that when cancelled significant numbers will not pursue a refund.

Talking to my 3 favourite venues in Manchester they’ve all said the same thing. It’s keeping some people in jobs but realistically less than 50% of these gigs will proceed.

Cynical and depressing.

That doesn’t really surprise me Mike, sad news to hear.

Livestream concert by Bill Frisell will take place at 1:00 AM BST on Saturday 19 September 2020.

All of this years rescheduled

Yes, the tickets we had for GoGo Penguin at Manchester Albert Hall have been postponed again to next year.

Is anyone genuinely surprised? I don’t see much in the way of any gigs going ahead until 2022 at the earliest. Thus thing is 20 years not 20 weeks.

Well that’s my Blondie tickets sorted. Why has it taken me over 40 years to do this (apart from being too young at one point).

3 Likes

Have postponement tickets for Celine Dion, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Jon Hopkins.

Not buying anything new till it actually looks like it will be happening.

Bizarrely, whilst I’m not especially a fan, I saw them play what remains the greatest gig I have ever seen on the Eat To The Beat Tour. They knew it too. Came back had played one extra gig on that European tour… at our venue. It was inevitably anti climactic. Sadly they are no longer the same band.

I will probably get a ticket to see Marillion when they go on sale later this week.

I’ve still got a ticket for Steve Hackett whenever that is rearranged for. The only other gig I have pending is Ian Mcnabb next year sometime.

I never know what to expect of the old icons. Rolling Stones 2018 were the best I’ve ever seen them and Chris Rea 2017 was also the best.

Likewise, I’m also planning on booking a ticket for Marillion’s tour, most likely at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham. I also have tickets to see Genesis, however I’m not overly hopeful that one will go ahead given its in April.

Paul Weller and Andrea Bocelli…

Not together I may add… although an interesting thought.

I saw the Stones in 2002 and they were average throughout but you never know what’s around the corner. I can remember seeing Nina Simone. For an hour she was awful and then for the encore she was transformed.

Agnes Obel, Salisbury City Hall. Was Feb 2020, then Sept 2020, then Sept 2021.
Now cancelled. Salisbury City Hall have shut and cancelled everything.

I saw Blondie back in 2011. It was a very enjoyable gig and Debbie Harry still had stage presence.

1 Like