Concerts Planned for 2021

Supergrass - Villa Marina, Douglas, Isle of Man - June 2021.

This will go ahead if there is an Isle of Man TT next year.

Brian wilson Bridgwater hall manchester

Not a hope in hell of that happening.

I have booked for a concert at the Arlington in Newbury, September 2021

It may be realistic, maybe not - lets hope so. It’s called It All Happened In Laurel, the artist Cassidy Janssen - a tribute to songs from a certain place and a certain era.

I am getting the kaftan down from the attic

You may be right. I must stay home with my Naim cd player

Seetickets have auto swapped us to the Southampton Guildhall same date and equivalent seats, which is nice.

1 Like

WemsFest has teamed up with Mike McGoldrick, John McCusker and John Doyle to present their Christmas at Home show online on 15 December. It’s been a new thing for us and it will be interesting to see how it goes - hopefully well! They are great musicians and the show should be good. If anyone fancies seeing it you can get tickets here. https://myplayer.uk/christmasathome

I feel extremely lucky to be in New Zealand, where we’ve been able to carry on going to gigs as normal but for a spell in March-September. We missed most of the NZSO season this year which is a shame. The performance of Richard Strauss’ Four Last Songs did go ahead as scheduled which was very special, with a great performance by a local soprano in place of the international guest.

All local acts since March this year obviously. For 2021 so far I have booked Crowded House, Cowboy Junkies (hopefully), David Gray (hopefully), but mostly I’ll be seeing lots of local acts such as Marlon Williams.

1 Like

My 2021 gigs are slowly but surely being pushed into 2022!!
So far Musical Box, Robyn Hitchcock & Wilko Johnson.

A change from September 2020 to 2021…

PAT METHENY SIDE-EYE
NEW PERFORMANCE DATES:
THU, SEPTEMBER 16 - SUN, SEPTEMBER 19, 2021
You are receiving this message because you have a reservation for Pat Metheny’s 4-night run in September of 2020. The uncertainty of when we will be allowed to open has not only affected us, but our artists too, and Pat is no exception. Wisely, Pat has agreed with us to postpone his performances until September of 2021.

…life moves on and hope we get to see Pat next September!

3 Likes

My Pat Side Eye gig was moved to next May. Not so sure we will be back by then but we’ll see…

1 Like

So that’s two of us at Robyn’s gig then!

Yeah. My mate is a member at Southbank and when he told me about the gig it was almost 18 months in advance of the actual date.
Robyn’s foresight wasn’t quite accurate enough!!

Not sure how well this will sell when he had his 50th birthday gig at the QEH in 2003 even with giving his new CD (Luxor) away with each ticket it wasn’t full, but I guess there’s plenty of time…just checked most of front stalls sold, rear stalls take your pick…

My mate got the tickets but I think we are very near the front. Strange place for him to play. Saw him play there once with members of Incredible String Band.
Other times in much smaller venues standing. Should be good though.

Benjamin Biolay - April
Red Hot Chili Peppers - June

Hopefully second half of the year onwards should be possible…
The Birthday Massacre - july
New Model Army - dec
Heilung - dec

Still have tickets for rescheduled Marcus Miller at Ronnie Scott’s in July :crossed_fingers:

Joe Satriani and Simple Minds both in contention having been postponed from last year.

Decided that I didn’t fancy joining 16000 people in Birmingham for the Nightwish Human tour so have purchased a ticket for their Virtual Tour in March = 2 x 90 minute live streams 12 & 13 March 2021 for the princely sum of €25.

Contemplating Beth Hart York Barbican Oct 2021