Concerts Planned for 2021

Saw her at Bridgewater Hall last year,amazing,have bought tickets for York Barbican in October!

Day 1 of lockdown 1… march last year, I had tickets for “Best of Jazz-Rock & Fusion night” with Frank Gambale All Star Band, one of my idols Hadrien Feraud (Chick Corea) and drummer Gergo Borlai (Tribal Tech, Al DiMeola)+ Scott Henderson Trio. Hoping they all stay healthy and give it another shot this year.

1 Like

We have just had to move Fairport Confention from June this year to 1 June 2022. It’s already been moved once, from 2020 so it’s effectively a two year deferral. Our first planned concert is now Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham on 4 October, moved from March last year, with Eddi Reader on the 6th, moved from last autumn. We so hope we can do these - people have been really good about holding on to their tickets. It really has been a bit of a nightmare.

To fill the void we have started a bit of live streaming in conjunction with a streaming platform: we did McGoldrick, McCusker & Doyle last December and tomorrow we have the great Scottish outfit Breabach. If anyone fancies watching you can get tickets via our website wemsfest.com

1 Like

The Who cancelled, not rescheduled. Row B dead centre, refund instead. Sad day for me. Out of all the bookings I have, this was the one I was looking forward to most. Not sure it it will ever happen now, as they are getting on a bit to say the least.

If Eddi Reader ever fancies a trip to New Zealand (admittedly there are a few logistical challenges to overcome), I’d love to see her perform live. Just, y’know, saying in case you can pass a note :slight_smile:

If she makes it in October, I’ll have a little word with her.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.