Concerts planned for 2022

Jethro Tull at the Greek Ampitheatre, Taormina, Sicily. 11th July - just happens to coincide with my 2020 postponed to 2021 postponed to 2022 holiday!:grin::crossed_fingers:

Saw Oysterband the other day, but the next gig for me is the Von Herzen Brothers, their new album is sensational. After that it’s Magma in June, Bevis Frond in July and then Big Big Train in September.

Well that’s Tool done, Gary Numan on the 16th then NIN in June but doubt either will come close to that! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! No pictures I’m afraid - strictly no cameras (or phones) to be used - saw several people hoisted out! More fool them!

Oh! Nearly forgot to all members please check out their support band “Brass Against” - Very different and very good - well worth a listen!

The Vooduu Sistaz!
Ese and Sheena, @ Moth Club in Hackney. TONIGHT!

Thanks @TheKevster for the heads-up. I owe you a beer…

1 Like

Lisa Mills playing the UK
Langley Village Hall Macclesfield on 8th July and two shows at the Edinburgh Blues and Jazz Festival 16th July

I would love to go but covid vulnerability doesn’t allow it for my wife. So if you live close or don’t mind travelling to these two places and you like Lisa book your tickets,

Bet you don’t get brisket, BBQ & fixings at the UK shows!
@NigelB you may be interested.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @johnt, but those venues are a bit too far from me. My wife is also on the highly vulnerable list for Covid, so I also have to be careful.

2 Likes

Robert Cray in Bexhill tomorrow night

2 Likes

Coldplay at Wembley in August, then Melody Garda at the Royal Festival Hall in November. Can’t wait!

We have the Deborah Bonham Band on 28 May, which is sure to be seriously loud, seriously busy but great fun. Deborah and her partner Peter Bullick live just down to road, so it’s really local for them. Their new album Bonham-Bullick has been really well reviewed and on the back of that we have got quite a few press coming, which hopefully will give us a bit of welcome publicity.

Then it’s Fairport Convention on 1 June and the Unthanks on 18 June. The latter has been something of a logistical challenge but hopefully will be alright on the night!

I’ve got over 400 pints of craft beer arriving over the next few days…

PSB in Margate in October.

1 Like

Taking Mrs R to Queen and Adam Lambert on Sunday in Birmingham. She is delighted.

I kept it a secret for two and a half years!

3 Likes

Taking my daughter to Q + AL on Thursday. She has seen them before but is now practising with her spoon and tea cup!

2 Likes

Eric Clapton Ziggo Dome 07-06-2022 :grin:

1 Like

Terry Reid
Kula Shaker
The Delines
Joe Jackson
Roxy Music

1 Like

We are going to the Mar y Jazz festival on Saturday in the Cabanyal quarter in Valencia, Spain.

The Cabanyal neighbourhood of Valencia backs onto some beautiful beaches and was home to fisherman and is now a protected area with quite a bohemian feel.

Kate Rusby at Gawsworth Hall, Cheshire
on 21st July.

Must remember Yorkshire tea and no UHT milk in case Bill is there. :grinning:

Public Image Ltd on the 16th.
It’ll be great to see John again. Been too long.

Nine inch nails - Manchester on the 20th - roll on!

The Terry Reid is still playing ?

1 Like

Yep. Ive seen him loads of times. An absolute legend and still has that great voice.
I am seeing him in Bilston near Wolverhampton. I believe he is playing Glastonbury and am praying they will show some of his performance on the TV coverage but its probably unlikely.
He is playing Jazz Cafe on 23rd June which is more your neck of the woods. Well worth going to see.

2 Likes