Concerts Planned for 2023

I just tried to buy tickets to take my daughter to see Lana Del Rey, 10am release, sold out straight away, didnt get them, looked on stub hub at 10.05 and 187 tickets on there. Standing face value was £111, cheapest on stubhub £215 … when is this going to stop so real people can actually get the tickets. My 14 year old daughter is heartbroken now, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ticket brokering is a disgrace and totally unnecessary in this day and age.
All the venues have their own websites and online box offices. There is simply no need for brokering and it is shameful. What’s more, I understand that the brokers buy their blocks at a discounted rate, so the venue gets even less for the seat that the punter has paid way over the odds for😠

4 Likes

Ticketmaster is a big culprit in this! Look up on Youtube John Oliver’s report on Ticketmaster for the details.

2 Likes

I walked past the local arena this evening. Disturbed and Theory of a Deadman are playing. Was offered several tickets. You have to transfer them by phone but easily done. The touts still do business.
I also deride the fact that corporate hospitality has a big advantage. All tickets for the F1 in Montreal are sold according to the website but I can get a weekend seat with a hotel package which I don’t need. Gone are the days of turn up and go.

Duran Duran. This Friday in Birmingham. Not my normal stuff but I do have a bit of a soft spot for them. Saw them in about 88, they were really good. My wife never saw them so I bought a couple of tickets at Christmas.

1 Like

Funny I was playing an album by Dom Brown the other day and was thinking I wonder what happened to him.

Then I see he is the guitarist in Duran Duran.

2 Likes

Having finally caught up on my pre-Covid rescheduled events I don’t have much set up for this year.

Springsteen is the next one in Hyde Park.

1 Like

How I miss the knebworth gigs. Brilliant lineups and great viewing from the bowl. And the insane crush getting out. Good times never to be repeated.

Future Islands in August

1 Like

Roger Waters - Manchester AO Arena - June 10th - will be the first time seeing him.

2 Likes

So, 3 this weekend.
~Joe Satriani at the Symphony Hall Birmingham tonight
~CBSO Performing Music from the Movies at the Symphony Hall Birmingham tomorrow night
~Joe Bonamassa at the Utilita Arena Birmingham on Sunday night
Going to be a fun weekend😊

5 Likes

I’m still gutted at having missed Eels at Nottingham Rock City as I was in A&E with my Dad.
I’ve booked to see First Aid Kit in Liverpool in August and PiL in Buckley in September.
Also considering Rival Sons in Bristol in October and Space in Leicester in November.
Unfortunately, I’m not sure how much I’m going to enjoy them because I’d choose Eels over any of them.

2 Likes

I have tickets for First Aid Kit’s Dublin gig in August - they will be great, I’m sure you will enjoy them.

Ian Brown - Coventry
Depeche Mode - Düsseldorf
Depeche Mode - Dublin
East Star Allstars - Brum
Pulp w.Richard Hawley - Sheffield
Richard Hawley - Majorca
Richard Hawley - Majorca

Will probably get Roger Waters tickets on the day via Twickets as not paying face vale

1 Like

Going to see the Jeff Beck Tribute Concert at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday

Eric Clapton, Ronnie Wood Rod Stewart and many others

Really looking forward to it

2 Likes

Tangerine dream,Manchester Albert halls

1 Like

Snap ! See you there….

Managed to get a ticket a few days ago direct from the RAH……

Received email from Dimitriou’s Jazz Alley that Pat Metheny was coming to town for five nights, November 8th through November 12th. Since I had a voucher for a pair of tickets when his show was cancelled a couple of years ago I jumped right on the opportunity and booked a reservation for Dinner and Pat’s show. Six months out but excited for the opportunity to see Pat since neither one of us is getting any younger. Pat will be 69 and I’m 71 so better now than later down the road… Life is Sweet!

3 Likes

You obviously deserve each other! I waited a couple of years to see Marcus Miller at Ronnie Scott’s last summer in London after it was cancelled. Suffice to say, myself / son / daughter thought it was a fantastic show and well worth the wait, and I am sure your gig will be the same.

1 Like

I saw Herb Alpert in Montreal on the 18th of May. He is 88 years old and still a great musician! Get out and see him if he comes to your area.
I believe he will soon be playing Ronnie Scott’s for several nights.

2 Likes