Concerts Planned for 2023

Niiiice! I would if he comes around.
Did he do RISE?

My all time fave Alpert.

1 Like

Yes, he played “Rise”. It was awesome!

2 Likes

GoGo Penguin playing Manchester New Century on Tuesday night 21st May 2023!

Mrs. JimDog and I will be there.

Well that’s a huge blow - was due to be going to see Peter Gabriel in Nottingham next Tuesday but it’s been cancelled due to “logistical problems beyond our control” - and can’t get to other shows - bugger!
Not sure if it’s anything to do with recent events - but the reason given seems indicate something else.

Wow……the “A” of A and M records still on tour……take my hat of to him and those that still go-out on tour and write at that age👍

1 Like

Brian Eno - Berlin

Cara Dillon at the Arlington Arts Centre near Newbury .

Should be good

1 Like

Steve Earle tomorrow night & GoGo Penguin @ Bristol

John Cage @ Sub Rooms Stroud.

I think you’ll find he is departed. Died 12/8/92 perhaps it will be an extended concert of 4’33

2 Likes

LOL Cale not Cage :slight_smile:

1 Like

War on Drugs tonight,Halifax.
Sam Fender,Dublin Sunday.

There is a live album by John Cale called Sabotage - don’t think any tracks made it to studio albums. Marc Aaron is on guitar with such an awesome tone.

For me it’s John Cale’s best album.

IMG_7703

5 Likes

Alison Russell tomorrow night at the Bullingdon (pub, not club!) In Oxford tomorrow, then, let’s see, Blur with Mrs R in July, Johnny Marr in Frome with my regular gig-going mate, then John Etheridge in the Zappatistas in September I think, Mathew Halsall in October, and Amelia Coburn in Trowbridge later that month. November looks sparse, have to sort that!

Generation Sex @ Manchester O2 Apollo on July 11th.
Steve Jones and Paul Cook of the Pistols with Tony James and Billy Idol of Generation X.

2 Likes

Saw Billy Idol about 8 years ago. Musically still had it but a sixty something looks a tad silly trying to do things he did 40 years ago.
Next up for me is the Montreal jazz festival. Tickets for Buddy Guy, Diana Krall and Robert Plant/Alison Krauss in the bag.

4 Likes

I am really looking forward to seeing Meshell Ndgeocello at Ronnie Scott’s in September.

2 Likes

Dead and Company in San Francisco in July
Norah Jones at Manchester Bridgewater Hall in November
Tommy Emmanuel with Molly Tuttle in January at Lowther Pavilion in Lytham in January.

1 Like

Soft Machine at York tomorrow night, all being well.

2 Likes

Just booked to see Flamingods in Stroud in November (terrific live band), and Lucinda Williams in Birmingham Town Hall next March. Chuffed about that one.

Just booked to see Toyah with her hubby, Robert Fripp, at Birmingham TH, in October.

The price was surprising in a good way… :astonished: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like