Core 2.5.2 update

I’ll give that a try David
Thanks for the tip

@davidhendon
Now I distinctly remember that I had to change source in the past with the hockey app or beta app
But cannot find the means to change it now (using your instructions) …no update source in the app now?
Have tried deleting and reinstalling app etc

If you don’t have “update source” in the main menu list for Core in the Naim app then this means you haven’t got the beta tester certificate installed. I think the app does default to looking for release updates and so my suggestion isn’t going to help. You can re-download the certificate from within the beta group thread for Core if you wanted to, although I have no idea whether the link is still live.

There are two places you can look for the Core update. One is to “check for updates” in the setup menu of the Core in the app. The other way is to look on the rooms page of the app and you should have a download symbol, which is an arrow pointing down to a line or similar, on the Core room button.

Failing that and if neither restart of the Core or app helps, then I suggest you ask Naim support. You don’t need an email or anything to get this update. The download symbol should just be there.

Best

David

@anon23139555 Playing around here, I can see that if your Core is set to receive betas, but your app doesn’t have the beta certificate, then the app reports that the beta you have in your Core is the up to date firmware version.

So I go back to my original suggestion. If you put the beta firmware certificate on your app then you will be able to tell your Core to use release firmware not beta firmware. You can still download the certificate from the Core 2.5.2 beta 3 thread - I just tried it to make sure. It will open in the release Naim app not the beta app, but that doesn’t matter for this task.

Best

David

1 Like

Still struggling with it David
Have found the beta.naimcert but it just seems to be a blank page…and don’t know how to open it in the Naim app
I’m using IOS …

What version of IOS are you on? If it’s IOS13 then it’s a different process. I will look out where Will told us how to do it.

On iOS 13 you need to download the file first and then share it with Naim app, so:

1. Tap the link above in the top post
  2. Tap ‘download’
  3. Tap the downward arrow in Safari to view your downloads (top-right in your screenshot)
  4. Tap the certificate file
  5. Tap the share button at the top-right (upward arrow)
  6. Scroll through the list of suggested apps and tap on Naim app
  7. Tap ‘install’ on the dialog box

Best

David

2 Likes

Super powers enabled!!
I love that message

All sorted now I have changed back from beta

Thanks again David

Ps
Updated without the problems. others seem to have had

3 Likes

I also found that when I had installed the 2.5.2 firmware update, everything seemed to work as normal until a few days later I tried to add some download files via my Macbook Pro. It wouldn’t let me access the Core. So I turned off the Core at the mains, as well as the 2 Cisco switches, and went to make a coffee. Then I restarted them, gave it another 10 minutes for everything to settle, and lo and behold, everything was functioning as it should. So a Core restart at least is required.

1 Like

David, after reading Vintageaxeman’s post above, I realized the only thing I did not restart was my Cisco 2960 switch. I thought restarting the router that feeds the switch would be all I needed. Anyway, I restarted the switch and Core again, and my Downloads, Music folders are back where they belong, not under Windows media players.So make sure you also restart, or unplug the switch also, worked for me anyway.

Always interesting to hear what worked for someone solving a problem.

Best

David

So update on my Core downloads folder issue after the update. Naim support suggested that I power cycle the Core again, and that did solve it. If appears that the SMB share does not update after changing the Core’s IP address from its initial DHCP address (that it acquired after the factory reset) to a static address, and a power cycle after setting the static IP is then required to get SMB to start using the static address.
thanks all.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.