Core, Melco or Innuos Zenith

I have tried enabling all the inputs and then disabling all the ones I do not use and I can’t hear a bit of difference in the sound quality. So as I don’t like all the additional clutter on the app I leave all the unused inputs off. My system is Melco N1ZS/2A / ND555 x 2555PS DR / 552 / 500 into Kudos Titan 808s.

1 Like

Thank you!

I always found it curious but however have read it at the beginning of the Nd555 thread.
Hopefully it seems not to make difference, because all the imputs appearing on the App would not be cool.

2 Likes

I can’t think of any reason why keeping unused inputs on would improve sound quality, and don’t hear any difference on my NDX2. Likewise the claim that keeping Server mode on doesn’t sound better to me, although I can understand how server mode keeping the main PSU warmed up could help.

1 Like

After some quick researches, the idea of all imputs enabled was given by Martin Colloms in Hificritic review of the Nd555.
A member tried too ( old forum) and found it better for sound quality.
But Neils , from Naim staff, responded that the idea was not from Naim . He just suggested to try.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.