Coronavirus - our mental health

[quote=“harper, post:42, topic:7381, full:true”]

[quote=“Alley_Cat, post:31, topic:7381, full:true”]

No one is currently stopping you going ou for a walk provided you heed social distancing advice are they?

We’re all different though, some of us are quite happy with our own company, others are far more social and will feel very constrained by this, and yes families, especially kids perhaps may get ‘stir crazy’.

The government advice is a blunt tool, and it may not be effective enough to slow the spread especially if people ignore it, in which case we may well see more draconian measures.

There was a report of a surgeon working away from home, who was thrown out by his landlady after a long shift, in the news the other day.

I don’t know alley cat. I am a lot like you. I just know the majority of people are not going to be happy just sitting on their arses all day long. They simply won’t stand for it! :wink:

1 Like

[quote="Peder, post:61, topic:7381, full:

ARE PEOPLE STUPID FOR REAL…!!

/Peder🤔
[/quote]

YES…!!!

5 Likes

They’ll fall into line quite quickly if the military end up enforcing things!

@peder

In Sweden… ?? :thinking:

:smile: :beers:

ULP!

They’ll be able to put all those empty sporting arenas and stadiums to use then, won’t they? Gulp.

And they get the virus …

Hi alleycat. Can you keep this up until June?
Reinforce and break in the behavior until it becomes habitual and we no longer question it. Next batch of 17 and 18 years old won’t know any different and will never come into contact with others except over face time. My God what have we become?

Then in a few years the likes of Mark Suckerberg and Elon in the Whitehouse.

Bright side, no more daily commute, no more factory and shop work. All fights and disputes conducted via drones. Been naughty? Cut off your soma supply for a month. Malfunctioning? Goodbye.

Anyone going out on the pull tonight? Didn’t think so. It’s now illegal.
Have it off with a machine instead. There’s plenty of them. In the meantime, I think I will listen to some music and read a book for a change. At least that ain’t illegal, yet. lol

2 Likes

Sweden doesn’t have a full lockdown though…

Yesterday I walked into town to my local Morrisons, not far. On the way I passed a few people, they avoided eye contact even though I tried smiling at them. It was the same in the queue to get in with everyone looking at their phones, the ground, the walls etc, nobody making eye contact. The only acknowledgment I got was from the security bloke as he let me into the shop and then as I was leaving I gave him a nod and received a discreet thumbs up in return.
I’m hoping that people will start to relax a little, this has been the first weekend of queueing for the supermarkets so is a new experience for everyone. Yesterday on the news I did hear someone say the phrase physical distancing was maybe more appropriate than social distancing. I agree with that. I’m quite happy with my own company although it does make me more lazy.

3 Likes

And expect the NHS to come under more stress with a baby boom in nine months time :wink: :wink: :wink: :heart: :heart: :heart: :scream: :scream: :scream: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe banning sex will be on the next round of government controls :face_with_head_bandage::worried:

2 Likes

Walking down the street where I am people tend to acknowledge the odd situation skirting each other with a nod or smile, young or old. And in shop queues I find that if I smile, and make a comment like ‘good job it’s nice weather’ invariably there is response, and even a chat, while keeping distance.

In nice enough weather queuing is not unpleasant, but boy does it take time - the other day at lunchtime I had to queue at tge pharmacist, queue at the minimarket needing half a dozen things, then queue at another shop because the minimarket didn’t have all I wanted. Total queuing time outside the shops was about 70 minutes. Possibly not an issue if self-isolating, but can be for people working, whether from home or workplace…

2 Likes

I wonder how the cia, vatican and the mafia are taking it?

3 Likes

Ask me after “they” extend the lockdown past April 13th…

2 Likes

I know…

It was just a rhetorical / fun thing…

Well, here in France it’s a bit different from what I’ve read here. The entire country is on lockdown and tomorrow will be the 3rd consecutive week of this. Macron and the PM have announced the prolongation until April 15th of this lockdown. In practice, this means we must have a signed authorization to leave the house. Jogging and biking are limited to 1 hour and no further than 1 km from one’s address. Grocery shopping, emergency reasons, walking pets are permitted but only with the signed authorization with ID on your person. There is a fine applicable which now costs 200€ for the 1st offense. So, basically, most of us are staying home, literally.
Haven’t started my car in over 2 weeks. Garden debris waste pick up service has been stopped so I have sacks of weeds, branches and cut grass in stock and local trash dump is closed. I could find plenty to do but I’m losing motivation. Haven’t shaved in a week or more and am constantly wearing my typical weekend uniform consisting of my favourite unsightly cotton jogging pants, a tired t-shirt covered by a cardigan with holes in it. Wearing indoor slippers for most of the day. Worse yet, I’ve decided that a shower every two days is good enough. Normally, I would never do that. So, this is becoming a bit long. Breaking the normal week’s work rhythm was a fun idea at first but now I’m sufficiently tired of it…Listening to music much more but end up bitching at my system for some odd reason that only I can hear. For the last two days, for reasons that neither of us can explain, my wife and I are getting on each other’s nerves. We both work full time during the week normally but now we’re in each other’s face 24/7. That goes well during vacation, but this is a “staycation” with doom, gloom and apocalyptic news reports on radio and TV all day long.
At this point, going to the dentist would be like visiting the Seychelles. Going to the see the proctologist for the full-monty would be a welcome relief and even having a slight car accident would afford me some social interaction with the idiot who ran into me, the fault necessarily being his of course.
In other words, I’ll be pleased to GTFO of my house once this tom-foolery is over and done with.
Y’all have fun now.

8 Likes

Doubt it with Boris in charge!

2 Likes

Inevitable in my view, if not tighter restrictions.