Crazy names

I know full well the implication of the acronym ISIS, its actually officially known as the Islamic State (nothing more) & by its Arabic acronym Daesh.
I have close personal reasons to know & despise more than most about that movement. And as you mentioned it in your reply, I also know full well & have even more reasons to hate & despise more than most the Nazi swastika symbol.
I just do not see the point of questioning or objecting over an ancient Egyptian goddess name that was adopted as a name for an item of consumer electrics.
As to Isis & the River Thames, its perfectly clear in my previous post, if you can’t understand it, try a web search.

Hey, I used to own a Rega Isis! I bought it because it sounded better (to me) than my then CDX2/XPS2/Hi-Line.

It was a great machine and the name didn’t put me off at all.

1 Like

Mola Mola Audio. The mola mola fish is pretty ugly, kinda flops around on the surface much of its life.

1 Like

On the other hand, you could own a Mola Mola Kaluga amp which sounds like taken straight out of a sea food restaurant’s menu.

Lol! The swastikas are different. Ones left handed - the other right handed. Look it up online. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What about Naim?

Well, Naim at lest means ‘pleasant’ in Hebrew and KEF means ‘fun’.

1 Like

Oh, so true. Thanks for correcting that.

1 Like

I like to think that the Linn Kremlin was dreamt up to poke fun at Naim’s NAT01 and of course, Naim responded with the Armageddon

5 Likes

Also there’s a difference in orientation, one is sitting ‘flat’, the other on it’s point.

Seems like a pretty normal sort of name to me, unlike some of the Krazy names used by a certain other Scottish company over the years.

1 Like

Chord TTOBY.
I do stutter sometimes if I’m nervous, so I doubt I will ever call a dealer to book a demo.

1 Like

I’m not so sure. Every time I hear Isis I think of the goddess or the American post-metal band.

It’s like Shihad (a New Zealand metal band - they started the band in high school, had watched Fine and thought that “Shihad” was what the warriors were shouting). Whilst attempting to break into the American market, they renamed themselves Pacifier, but shifted back to Shihad after one album.

I went to Loch Fyne at Gunwharf thinking it was a hardware shop, what a disappointment.

… oooohhh !!! it must have been a shock to see halibut on the menu !!!

1 Like

Buyers who wear an Oxford college tie get a 10% discount on a Rega Isis CD player.
Bet you didn’t know that.

1 Like

It’s a fine name.
Boom boom.

What’s the NAT01 joke? I’ve not had my coffee yet.

1 Like

That new Loch Fyne hi fi you have there – lookin’ fine!

. . . as seen on an episode of Bizarre Foods on the Food Network.