Crazy names

yes , audionote have isis interconnects . i just love black ice audio stuff [ formerly jolida ] just on my 3rd jolida dac and black ice one coming next week [ modded with modwright]

They were numbered in order of development start, thus the NAC72 was launched before the NAC52 as the latter took longer to perfect.

Fair point Nick, IIRC the 52 was announced, then its delivery slipped and both 62 & 72 beat it to market.

(Edited to remove a bloody apostrophe IOS auto”corrected” into its!)

It kept sneaking out of my budget range too! Then I got a decent job, finally bought the 52, reaching nirvana I thought, only for the 252 to be released a month or so later.

Stern words were had with my dealer and an amicable arrangement was had re: a 252.

1 Like

I just ordered the ZUADUDIO OMEN DIRTY WEEKENDS (MK.II) speakers. I couldn’t resist the name especially after they had assured me that their brochure came with plenty of juicy photographs…

5 Likes

Schiit audio usually name their products from Norse myth but they’ve excelled themselves with their USB to SPdif converter which at least one member here lists in his system, I wonder if the Schiit Eitr brings him a grin.

From Wikipedia

Eitr

Eitr is a mythical substance in Norse mythology. This liquid substance is the origin of all living things: the first giant Ymir was conceived from eitr. The substance is supposed to be very poisonous and is also produced by Jörmungandr and other serpents.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.