Crazy plan to try proxy server!

ffmpeg will usually be installed on Windows 10.

Do you know any simple ways of getting a proxy server apart from the RPi/bubble, QNAP/NAS, or Roon?

For audio media proxying not any others I have personally tried other than Roon. Audirvarna looks like it might be an alternative, but I haven’t tried.
Of course the new streamers with their improved transports don’t really benefit from a media proxy to the same extent.

Yup, that’s another line of attack.

Get an NDX2 and put the 555DR on it.

But then I have to get a 282 as well, or a Supernait.

So it’s major disruption and investment all at once.

And as a consequence of that I end up with no psu on my preamp.

So it’s not a step I can take lightly.

That looks OK, just go to the Media Renderers tab and apply the changes that @nbpf suggested. Kazoo, or whatever, should then see the Openhome’d 272.

1 Like

Hi DB,
Have you compared the Melco to a UnitiCore?
Your system is so NAIMMMM so I can’t find a reason to put the Melco in between, with it’s raw sound character, and not using the UnitiCore which is a very naim-like sounding.
Have you tried it?

Ignore Replay Gain!

1 Like

You don’t need it, it’s already there as indicated by a previous screenshot.

It doesn’t. It just instructs Bubble to start the stream and the stream comes over the wire.

Just see if it works first then worry about transcoding.

1 Like

The internet connectivity test button now has this written by it:
HTTP: ERROR: connectivity server error: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
HTTPS: ERROR: connectivity server error: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
Status

Version: 0.9-update37

Audio Transcoding supported: yes
Video Transcoding supported: yes
Image Transcoding supported: yes

@JimDog and you are in the wrong place for transcoding anyway. :slight_smile:

@JimDog you are making this way more complicated than it is! :smiley: You don’t want any internet connection unless you wish people to have access to your 272 over the internet :open_mouth:

You do not want this!!!

2 Likes

Do not allow acces from the internet. If you have ticked as below then untick it.

2 Likes

Just set like this. Tick Create an OpenHome render. Set TIDAL as below. Pick gapless as well if you wish.
And that’s it apart from the transcoding.

1 Like

A bit off-topic so a brief answer.

I prefer the Melco and did not get into streaming at all until I heard an all-Naim system that include the Melco.
Streaming I found generally boring and lifeless - for other people that ‘got’ it - until I heard my Dealer demo this new-fangled Melco thing a few years back in an otherwise all-Naim system. It woke it up and I was drawn to it and Streaming worked for me.
Long story short - I have one in my system and although I respect the Core user preference I would say it is a little too laid-back compared to the Melco which gave more of the feel of a live performance - raw with information I just could not get to with the Core.
That was a couple of years back and perhaps Core is now improved, but I’m happy with the Melco in my Naim system - I don’t just buy Naim by default - I generally like their product but the reason for a separates system is to allow for components that tune it to your own taste. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry for distraction from thread, but I like to answer.

DB.

2 Likes

This is the only tab you should need to amend. Use these settings.

Just in case on the Network & Security tab ensure the following are unticked.

1 Like

Done all that and Linn Kazoo is still buffering/stalled looking for Rooms.

Previously the Lumin app switched from being whited out and did find some photos and home videos on the laptop, but now it’s not even doing that.

Maybe I scrwed something up when I downloaded that ffmeg from the net?

Ah - contact with the alien has been made.

Linn Kazoo has recognised and shaken hands with with my laptop proxy server, and lists the 272 as being present on the network, and I’ve logged into my Tidal account on it.

But it still won’t play the Tidal tracks when I click on them…

Then I enabled upnp on the 272.

You never know that Might help!

Now timed out…tbc

Computers aren’t for everyone. I suspect this is Roon’s trump card. :blush:

Ok, finally got it working.

I employed the clever stratagem of switching the input on the 272 to upnp, and selecting the proxy server.

Then Kazoo actually connected properly with the laptop and 272.

So the SQ now as I listen to one of my Tidal playlists - it’s not better.

overall it’s less engaging, less present. As though coming from behind a veil.

My guess is that this veil is because instead of coming straight down my wired Ethernet pipe made up of 4 new Blue Jeans Ethernet cables and 2 switches, the Tidal files are having the be converted and sent twice by WiFi and into the messy world of my laptop en route to the dac.

I think any benefits of going via upnp are perhaps being more than reversed by the horrible rerouting of the data.

So i learned a few things by doing it - one of which is that my instinct not to let my music get anywhere near the electrically filthy environment of my pc was probably correct.

1 Like