Cricket

Cheers, that’ll give me something to work with. :+1:

1 Like

New Zealand post a very competitive total of 200/3 in their first super 12 match against the Aussies.

2 Likes

I like that they’re playing on large-size grounds, unlike the IPL.

Far too many ‘cheap’ 6’s contaminate scorecards IMV.

I’d say advantage NZ.

1 Like

Well the chase hasn’t started well.

Only two from each group to qualify for semis and two from NZ/Aus/Eng seems likely, so games between these sides are pretty important.

Bruce

1 Like

Dumb idea to put NZ first. Can’t see Aus getting out of this.

Big win by NZ to start their campaign, Aussies simply out played with bat and ball.

3 Likes

The Aussie side looks OK with the ball but the batting order looks awry IMV, not helped by the likes of Warner & Finch not being the players they once were it seems. Marsh may have some power & shots but he’s really a 6/7/8 for me.

Yep that result gives me no option other than to support Afghanistan against you blokes.

1 Like

As so often the case NZ delivered a great performance.l when required.

Pete, are you suggesting there are teams you wouldn’t support against England ?:thinking:

I’ve been out just got home - can’t believe that

Considering when I left the NZ Captain said when they lost the toss he would have bowled first also

Was the wicket dodgy or just aussies stuffed it up ?

Mark Wood just clocked at 96mph, if you believe these things

1 Like

Most certainly there is, I won’t say which ones as I don’t want someone reading something else into it.

I’ll always support a team that’s going to assist us reach a final. However ultimately I support cricket regardless of who is playing.

3 Likes

We were completely out played by a much better team on the day. Unlike NZ rugby I don’t mind losing to your cricket team at all, they seem a great bunch of guys who’ve had horrible luck (and decisions) in recent years.

Well done NZ. The batsman Allen is a real asset. We kiwis really relish a win in cricket over mighty Oz.

It was a great win and the first on Aussie soil for over 11 years.

1 Like

India v Pakistan T20 WC – full of tension! No spoilers.

3 Likes

@Collywobbles – if you’re watching it, my money was on Patel’s run-out being ‘not out’.

I think the 'keeper knew he broke the stumps with his left thumb, something very difficult to see on a distance camera at speed.

Yes, I think you are right, he didn’t have the ball and I don’t think it was the ball that broke the stumps.

Good game!!

1 Like

…those with a nervous disposition should have looked away a few overs ago. Can this game have any other twists and turns?

Pressure getting to them.