Cricket

Watched a game there a few years ago while on holiday. Very pleasant ground.

1 Like

Aus v England in a friendly T20 series. IMV, a good call Jos (not to appeal)…and England won but it was close. Hales did very well again.

4 Likes

Sounded like a close game and enjoyed the commentary. Wood again crucial when things were beginning to look dodgy…

Watching the clip Wade did rather stick his arm out, not sure what he was trying to do but I don’t think Wood was getting there anyway.

These are two very good T20 teams. England need to adapt to the quicker pitches after Pakistan, I note Rashid took some tap again.

Bruce

5 Likes

England announce and juggle their Central Contracts. Worrying for Alex Lees. Jofra Archer has one again, I’ve no idea what he does but he doesn’t play Cricket.

It could be because being over bowled by England was partially responsible for the injury.

One of the few black marks against Root.

1 Like

12-30 pm UK time – ~ 5 overs to go in the Aus v England T20 match and looking interesting as to which way it’s going to go.

2 Likes

Great performance from Sam Curran

3 Likes

Ball 1 last over – a commentator’s curse comment :grin:

2 Likes

Another close one and England appear to be able to find a way to win. Malan’s innings looks interesting — I’ll see if I can find some highlights.

The Aussie 3/4/5 order with Marsh, Maxwell & Stoinis doesn’t look as robust as it could be – to me they all appear to be a position or 2 too high?

1 Like

Yup, a good tight match. Both teams nearly full strength I would imagine. England look confident for this WC but anything can happen in a single match. Aus wiil be very competitive too.

Bruce

2 Likes

Interesting, in that nerdy way, that England won by 8 runs on both occasions.

1 Like

T20 WC, big win to Scotland over the WIs in todays game. Scotland bowled and fielded well, outclassed WI with the bat and ball.

3 Likes

The spinners were exceptional, 7 degrees temperature and a non-turning pitch, and they ran through the middle/lower order.

Pete

People are saying the weather is set poor, might cause a few issues in the next few weeks?

How is the mood re the home team?

Bruce

They still hadn’t made the minds up re team selection, they kept playing Green in the lead up games against you guys and he’s not even in the team. Very strange.

Not sure about confidence as I think there’s probably 4 to 5 teams that could win it. Luck will play apart as our weather has been unpredictable.

1 Like

Eng v Pak WC warm-up in progress (started 9am UK), with Pakistan batting first and doing OK** (no spoilers).

** and as I type this they lose a wicket!

Might go and watch that.

After 7 matches in Pakistan last month and two and a bit friendly games in Oz against the hosts you feel that this is a rather unnecessary warm up, for England at least.

3 Likes

For a certain Antipodean artist .

I must confess baffled as to why the first ball of the Ashes is not being bowled at Lords

1 Like