Cricket

TBH Pete I wasn’t particularly interested in this series before it even started. Given some of the England players comments after the T20 WC I don’t think they were much interested either! But well done, I can see Australia are building another total.

I find that quite sad that any match between England and Australia had been so devalued.

2 Likes

I agree! Probably too much cricket being crammed into the diary.

Yes I do too- but I agree with Badger1963. These are clearly three games organised by the relevant authorities more for the income generation than any cricketing purpose.
Timing them straight after a T20 tournament isn’t unusual- but nonetheless devalues the matches - which is a shame

1 Like

Don’t really blame the cricketers, I blame those who arranged the schedule.

Bit limp though by England so far

3 Likes

I don’t think the Aussie authorities arranged it on their own, there must have been some cooperation from both ECB and the players.

1 Like

ECB yes - doubt much input from the English players
Still they need to try and compete

1 Like

Well this the thing they’re professional cricket players that’s what they’re paid to do, play cricket. It’s not just disrespectful of the game but also the public.

1 Like

Am pleased to say that the BBC has England score correctly displayed as 23-1. None of this sideways on upside down nonsense. Up here in the NH we must be grateful for these minor victories :rofl:

2 Likes

Well down here we do things the right way.

Spot on, it’s been squeezed into a long overdue tour of Pakistan - which was played in the right spirit , and a great PR success for Pakistan . A T20 world cup, I think the players were due some rest - I also think ODI has lost out to T20 and Test Cricket .

It has the interest of a game of tiddlywinks .

Sadly I agree so scrap it rather than inflict a pointless contest on an already uninterested public further devaluing the game.

1 Like

I’m recording the ladies BBL - much better than fretting about an obscure series .

Also they have nicer bottoms than Moeen Ali…

1 Like

Some thoughts:

I’m quite close to a family member of one of the England senior players, they wanted to wind down and come home after the WC. They were all mentally very tired.

England management not taking it too seriously, a bizarre squad, no Root etc, and then not once played the best eleven from that squad.

The English summer 50 over competition has been relegated to a sort of County 2nd Eleven tournament. The top players don’t play in it and the final is no longer at Lords.

However, I hope this series is a bit of a wake up for the English players and management, as it is clear that the Australians are a significant level above us in the longer format, particularly the bowling. It looks a different game when the Oz pace guys are on. Worrying for the Ashes.

1 Like

Maybe England needs to reconsider wether they want to play the longer formats any more.

The captains dismal just about sums it up.

You do know who invented the game and the rules !!

I guess what disappoints me is the lack of pride this shows in representing your country. I’m not necessarily blaming this lot of players I’m probably thinking more about the ones that couldn’t be bothered to play.

I think England have a 6am flight tomorrow morning, so they are probably already packed and mentally already nearly home.

Probably the most pointless series ever, I don’t think anyone has even turned up to watch todays match. It’s even on BT Sport in the UK, which is a minority subscription channel. Shame really.

10/10

Moeen’s wife may disagree?

2 Likes