Cricket

Aussies squad

Looking at this squad as against England’s, which is largely held together by string and sticky tape, I think it could be a long summer for England, with several prayers to the rain gods being required. I hope my thoughts prove to be incorrect but England’s batting continues to look fragile, especially if they lose a few wickets early doors.

Man for man totally agree but the last few series have taught us that this England squad aren’t easy to predict.

I am confident of an entertaining and competitive series. Not expecting more than that.

Bruce

And I’m not taking anything for granted. :+1:

If England wish to field their strongest side they need to include Foakes.
Not only is his test average better than Crawley and the other young hopefuls but he can stabilise the lower order if things don’t work out.
On top of that he is probably worth one extra wicket and several extras over anybody else behind the stumps.

3 Likes

Is anyone available to go to the Lords test on the 29/6. I’m about to book but have to buy 2 tickets, it’ll be a gift to whoever responds (and can be there) first.

PS it day 2, you guys should last that long. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That is an amazing offer, I’d have loved to take it up but cannot do that date. Never been to Lord’s either!

Bruce

1 Like

Yes I’ve just been given the approval to go. Checked the tickets and they’re only available in doubles.

1 Like

I would really love to meet you and share a bottle of good Aussie red with you (Langmeill perhaps?)
and am giving this deep and rapid thought

My problem is I’m not that sure my left knee and back would be up to the standing , queuing and the underground

PS This is an incredibly generous offer

Would love to join you Pete but I am booked with my son to see Porcupine Tree in Manchester that evening. Very kind offer, and I am pleased for you that you have got tickets. Hope it all works out ok for you.

1 Like
1 Like

Good, this should never been allowed to escalate …

2 Likes

Not for me as I found him a pundit more interested in himself, and being pointlessly provocative rather than informative or entertaining.

Bruce

2 Likes

Pete, I would love to take you up on your kind offer. I just need to book that day off work which I should be able to do by Monday at the latest. Is that OK? It shouldn’t be a problem.

I haven’t seen a live day of Test Cricket since 2005. The morning when McGrath trod on the ball.

It would also be very interesting to meet you and spend a day with another Cricket fan.

Hope that is ok with you. Just let me know please. Cheers.

1 Like

Oops, sorry Ian, I’ve just noticed I forgot to reply to this. I’m doing well thanks, I’ve made it to a positively corpulent 59kg (9 stone 4), and have a good chunk of my stamina back. I’m feeling good. Hope you’re doing well.

3 Likes

This is good , hope all things continue to improve

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

I hope you can make it, it’s an incredibly generous offer.

I haven’t been to the cricket for years , Lords can be a so and so in terms of queuing . I had a couple of hours of moderate activity today (light housework ) and my lower back really knew about it

best wishes

1 Like

Morning/evening. I’m doing the sums and booking today (our time). I’m flexible re days but I’m concerned about booking anything later than day 3.

I’ll let you know later today, if it’s alright with you might as Richard for your email address.

1 Like

Written to you via you email address (I would have loved to spend time talking to you about planning officers over a bottle of Langmeill or Dandelion Shiraz)

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

…times many!

1 Like