Cricket

I think Bairstow’s keeping cost us the Ashes in the early matches last summer.

4 Likes

Gee I love it when the door opens like this but I’ve decided to refrain. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Had a very good Big Bash, the Aussies liked Dan Lawrence in the BBL , Overton was another big success with two Brits making the overall best team

Tom Curran was not one of them

1 Like

It’s like a barn door with a very large bulls-eye painted on it

1 Like

I know and how well trained am I that I didn’t just race in. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I like Lawrence, has a bit of ‘ticker’ as the Aussies might say. Hope he gets a chance.

Bruce

1 Like

And Foakes plays spin very well if memory serves, which is a highly valuable asset in SL and India. I’m not sold on Dan Lawrence, as he lapses to being very bottom-handed, like so many nowadays. I hope I’m wrong.

I imagine it must take up a lot of his time just signing sponsorship deals.

1 Like

I just read that Stokes is not likely to bowl in the series.

Not a surprise. I don’t think anyone expected that, even after his surgery.

I am looking forward to see what spin bowling options England use. I am still trying to decide if I want to take out a month long TNT subscription for £20.

Bruce

1 Like

Ever the diplomat…

1 Like

I agree, Foakes has a very good record in India.

England not in control of their team selection? Interesting article.

1 Like

Team as below.

England: Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonathan Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Ben Foakes, Rehan Ahmed, Tom Hartley, Mark Wood, Jack Leach.

One seamer, Wood, not known for his long spells. 3 spinners, Leach first Test for over 6/12, Rehman one previous Test and Hartley on debut. They can fight over who takes the new ball.

Pitch must look just a little dry!

Bruce

According to the Beeb’s report, it is dry. One wonders what the over-rates will look like in this match given the preponderance of spin? Looks like Root will be turning his arm too.

One seamer only? Doesn’t sound like a test wicket to me. Sounds like they are trying to kill test cricket. There were decent pitches in the world cup so this is deliberate…

Yup. Don’t buy tickets after D3 for sure.

Actually I don’t mind within reason. The challenges of playing in India vs Australia v SA v England should all be different, but they should be fair and also the pitches should be relatively equal in terms of favouring bat and ball, and not making the toss the most important act in the match. We shall see.

Bruce

1 Like

We’ve our game and yours on our on a cable channel but they oddly start and finish at the same time. You guys are doing a little better the WI who are 5/88 just after lunch.

1 Like

England stuttering now though. A wicket with modest turn but also bounce. I am enjoying watching it. Bairstow played really smartly but got a beauty

Good toss to win but England surely want 250 if they can.

I see Windies score. I know Australia are good at home but that sounds a bit sad.

Bruce

1 Like

Struggling to find radio commentary ??