Cricket

Don’t try and find it on TV. Pietersen is back with a microphone :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: good luck!

2 Likes

Talksport 2

1 Like

Usman Khawaja just named the ICC test player of the year.

1 Like

Deservedly.

England appeared to have battled to a competitive score, but bowled absolute pants, and India (Jaiswal) have needed no second invitation.

Bruce

1 Like

Que?

1 Like

We’ve got 3 spinners, one who has 40 first class wickets in 20 matches and one who Stokes doesn’t seem to want to bowl, so “obviously” bowling last on a turning pitch puts us in a strong position.

1 Like

India played 2 seamers, maybe just poor selection….

Four spinners if you count Root.

Hartley looked be very nervous, and was thrashed to all parts. I understand Stokes trying to get him into the match but it was a bit painful to watch. Leach more accurate, but barely spun a ball.

Wood bowled 2 overs.

Bruce

1 Like

You’ve got to love an optimist.

Must be the most inexperienced bowling attack put out by England. Anderson averages under 30 in India with the ball and would, if nothing else, introduce some control at one end.

1 Like

Reasonable crowds at both tests and they both might just be competitive.

WI got the Aussies 4/24 in their first innings after the WI posted 311.

Bad day at the office for Australia?

All looks rather easy for India. Being kind you could say England look ‘rusty’. I watched yesterday and they bowled utter garbage.

Bruce

1 Like

Good bowling actually (and a few poor shots) but least it’s interesting and hopefully will go into the 3rd day

I’ve got to hand it to the Aussie cricket team

When the chips are down they’re real fighters

Smith not looking as an opener though nor Green hasn’t settled back in yet

Yep I thought they’d be bowled out for under 150, they’re now 7/238 only trailing by 70 odd. Captain Pat is a rock.

As for Smith his not in form and his not an opener.

Oops make that 8/242. :grin:

I kind of get the feeling that whatever position Smith plays he’s past his best

Having said that he’ll go and get a few centuries ha

He looks like his confidence is shot. It’s a problem with this team most are approaching retirement. They’re an old (but great) team.

1 Like

Agree

If the weather holds out Aussies will win this test

I kind of like what I see in this WI team they are very young and hopefully will do good things in the future