Cricket

I think 39 wickets fell on day 1 of the the new round of CC matches. I “wonder” if they are now using the Duke ball. :thinking:

2 Likes

Lancs Vs Kent CC live on sky at the moment. Much more interesting than the IPL.

1 Like

His last game will be quite emotional. A great career and a decent bloke.

Shane Warne the only “bowler” with more test wickets? Eight ahead I think.

Heard him talking about his retirement on the radio today; the tailenders podcast should be interesting.

1 Like

About bloody time. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Well , an Australian would say that

:smiley::smiley::smiley: :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Great to see you back on the forum

Cheers

Ian

1 Like

It’s good to be back, I am absolutely shattered though. It’s been the toughest 2 weeks of my life.

4 Likes

I thought it was cricket season in the north.

Anyway watching season 3 of Test, interesting for me having got to see a day at Lords. Gives an Australian view of the Ashes Tour last year.

Also gives a difference side to the what the English media have you, worth watching but some may find it difficult.

My admiration for the Pakistani ladies optimism in wearing factor 50 sun block over the last few weeks …

1 Like

Equally, the ECB for arranging international games in May :umbrella:

…and as I type this, the covers come on at The Oval !

3 Likes

The ECB has established a new woman’s league, with initially eight county clubs , funding with about £13 million this year and £19 million next year.

Designed to raise standards , but I hope that overseas players from nations that are yet to properly develop their ladies cricket :cricket: teams can get a l :eyes: k in .

1 Like

I watched a bit of the Eng v Pak T20. Some pretty village stuff from Pakistan at times.

Not sure what it will mean for the T20WC in totally different conditions mind you.

Bruce

1 Like

Assuming Rizwan is their best 'keeper, the the old adage applied last night – perhaps the moreso when playing without slips etc,?

So far the cricket played has been tantamount to a ‘cool down’ period post the IPL (recognising the Pakistan players didn’t play in this competition), rather than a ‘warm up’ :umbrella: :slight_smile:

I wonder what kind of wickets are going to feature at the WC – those shiny spin rolled horrors?

I fear the variety in wickets will result in a lottery.
A drop in strip in New York versus various island tracks.
Further, I understand that India will play at one island location (if they get to the quarter finals) to ensure listeners / viewers on the sub-continent can follow the match.
I understand the need for a wide / large audience but what if that track is more suited to the ir attack / batting? I fear ICCC interference.

1 Like

If you didn’t see it - USA V Pakistan

Strewth

3 Likes

Yes, wow.

1 Like

That’s a bit of a shock.

1 Like

Well Pakistan looked pretty poor in the bit of the warmup I watched vs England and T20 can always throw up shocks. Still, well done USA.

Bruce

2 Likes

Pakistan really lost their cool when bowling during the super over. Also strange that whilst the USA tried to steal an extra run when Pakistan bowled a wide, yet when the USA bowled wide the Pakistan batsmen didn’t bother running.

4 Likes

I was infuriated by the time wasting of the Pakistani team in the power play. They looked as if the pressure had got to them and were panicked :scream: by the situation

3 Likes