Cricket

The Beeb say it’s the Aussies v Banglandesh?

India v Afghanistan is 3-30 UK today (Thursday).

Monday has Aussies v India at 3-30 UK (For Pete 1-30am?).

1 Like

My bbc website also suggests Afghanistan v Australia 23/6. 1.30am our time. After the Bangladesh game.

Ah, apols – didn’t appreciate the look forward. I’m unclear what the format is now – just lots of games tabled, with England v SA to tomorrow.

England v SA - good game to win for England (no spoilers)

I would be interested to know how many times Buttler has won the toss, elected to field and lost the game.
I may be wrong but it feels like quite often. Particularly against the bigger teams.

1 Like

IMO, another game which showed-up England’s inability to play in more challenging conditions. There was a bit of swing and turn (the theme of this tournament) and, IIRC, England were ~ 20 behind SA at the end of the PP, and never ‘got on terms’, although had a go late-on.

The batting set-up screams ‘flat track bullies’ to me, which means batting 2nd in case of a skittling out.

Also the SA openers took a look at the bowling for about 10 balls before winding it up.

I thought it was a good game and the result was really dependent on Livingstone getting a better contact on one ball to clear the fielder.
Difficult to apportion blame in a game that could have gone either way.

3 Likes

I thought it was a good game between two good sides. The differences being de Kock and the Livingstone catch.

2 Likes

Just seen your result Pete, Afghanistan prove again that they are no mugs. we have our own possible banana skin coming up later on today. This type of thing won’t help at all…

2 Likes

Yep they were completely out played by a better team in the day.

That is stupidly over-confident. It’s not as bad as Greig’s “make them grovel”, but offensive to the opposition.

2 Likes

Does Archer get to bowl to Jones? I read that they were at school together for years.

2 Likes

Looking at the likely WI team to face SA, if they pick both Hope and Mayers to open (they’re more likely to be fighting it out for one place to partner Johnson Charles) and Royston Chase keeps his place at number 7, then there will 3 Barbados born players on the pitch in Antigua, more likely 2. There were 3 on the pitch today at Barbados. (It’s not particularly relevant except that when I watched the great WI team of the ‘80s destroy England they typically had 4 Bajans in the team, Haynes, Greenidge, Marshall and Garner, greats of the game all (I think Garner missed out on the ‘88 tour when I saw them at OT and the Oval).)

1 Like

Afghanistan qualify for the semis. A major achievement for them.
Who is off home then…?

1 Like

Totally agree with you

That was really impressive from them, well deserved.

2 Likes

It is huge for them as a nation.

2 Likes

When you consider what they’ve been through their progress is incredible.

3 Likes

Sad news

1 Like