Cyrus phono signature

I’ll be interested in your views of the psx r2. Mine took a day or two to settle down. I tend to leave it on 24/7.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to eat my words from earlier int rn thread. I picked up a new a mk3 aria to try out - the last one I had was a mk1… stunning with the apheta3/P8. The last one was a coin toss against the stageline but this second one is significantly better I I assumed they were all the same in different casework so maybe the last one I had was a dud…

1 Like

I turn mine off between listening sessions - is there any guidance/opinion from Cyrus on whether to leave on?

Mind you I only play vinyl on average once a week

I haven’t seen any guidance on this but mine’s been switched on for nearly 4 years and no problems so far.

1 Like

Tend to do most of my listening at weekends so turn everything off in between. But equally left it and the psx r2 on for 2 weeks to burn in.

1 Like

Cyrus suggest leaving the components on 24/7 for best results. Same as Naim.

1 Like

A PSX-R2 to go with my Cyrus Signature Phono. Nice uplift in every aspect.
I’m needing to shift a few things around in my rack to accommodate properly, in the meantime I’ve just separated them with Isoacoustics Orea’s.

6 Likes

Does anyone know if these units are built to be stacked? My head would tell me not however lots of images online with them stacked or very close side by side.

I’d say side by side would be better rather than stacked. As the PSX provides additional power rails to the Phono stage rather than replacing the internal PSU completely (both items remain mains powered), full separation is less important than in the case of something like a Naim Superline and a Hicap / Supercap PS.

1 Like

The transformers are at the front. So stacking should not be an issue. Although saying that, mine are side by side.

1 Like

Cyrus do an extension cable that link the 2 boxes together if you want to separate them further than the standard one allows.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

I’ll probably get them side by side when I sort the rack out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.