Dan's thread

Perhaps Naim could set up a marquee in their car park?

What car park…….its tight

1 Like

Not that I’ve seen. I suspect correlating the diaries of Dan and the Factory will be the first step. And there’s also the small matter of Dan undergoing a particularly drawn-out and unpleasant medical treatment, which I suspect that will be his first priority, rather than sending out Save The Date messages for our knees up!

3 Likes

No doubt Richard will let Dan, in due course, discreetly choose which 9 people he would like on the tour with him.

3 Likes

We are looking at after the 18 week chemo cycle. Richard has provisionally agreed a visit, but will be a small number allowed to visit. Not masses!

5 Likes

Maybe you have to buy Naim boxes and find the lucky ticket to visit Naim HQ? Pure Willy Wonka style. And then the fun starts!

2 Likes

Just enjoy the visit, perhaps with family, forum friends, both. Wishing you a great day at HQ.

2 Likes

yeah, but you’d have to have Dan’s avatar on a huge banner so we knew what was happening

1 Like

I’d never join a club that would have me as a member…

I’ll be at the pub :grinning:

4 Likes

I don’t want to to turn this into a ‘what are you listening to’ thread, but after a glass or two of red and some fun banter on the forum, this is sounding great…

BillyJoel_AnInnocentMan

Wishing you all the best Dan, everyone here is rooting for you.

I remember you saying a long time ago you’d had a cancer diagnosis, but hadn’t realised until this evening that things had changed as you describe in the other thread.

I’m a little lost for words but the support and kind words you’ve had from so many people here who’ve been through cancer diagnoses themselves is incredible.

1 Like

Heck, if there’s a “post factory visit” pub gathering, then count me in….to compare notes ( I was lucky enough to be invited on Pete’s visit last summer)

3 Likes

Would be up for pub meet :grinning:

1 Like

I have a sense that there’s such a groundswell on the topic that this could become a thing. Like the making of a weekend. Let’s see…

2 Likes

I think a couple of the guys last year stayed overnight at the local Premier Inn; I‘m only 40 minutes away by car anyway, and Pete trained in from London.

1 Like

is there a definitive list of pubs in the 20km factory radius? I recall someone discussing that somewhere

it would be good to find one near the factory where everyone who doesn’t have a Golden Ticket can congregate and then we organise a dinner, etc.

1 Like

Liking the dedicated Dan thread ! When you get to do your factory tour Dan, stop by in Nether Wallop if you have time. We’re only a few miles from Salisbury!

Sorry to ask, has a provisional date/timeline for this been established?

Naturally Naim HQ would only allow a small number to attend for reasons of practicality/safety.

Perhaps Dan would want to do so with close friends/family rather than forum members, or perhaps even alone just to savour it.

The corollary meet-up if feasible for other members is independent of a visit to HQ, local knowledge would likely be helpful.

2 Likes

Think you guys need to think before you go overwhelming Dan with kindness and enthusiasm and be mindfully of Dans health. The last thing anyone wants is to put more pressure on him.

18 Likes

Yes….let Dan/Naim and Richard decide.

5 Likes