Dan's thread

Absolutely.

Hey Alley Cat, looking at in 18 weeks at end of my chemo!

1 Like

I would prefer to do this with Naim forumites. This is for us guys. You have supported me and be great to make connections.

4 Likes

My family and friends aren’t Naim fans. We are! So for me it’s about the forum and the support you have given me. To bring friends and family is not what I want.

3 Likes

So, will meet my new friends. And yes, maybe we could book an event afterwards. I am not going anywhere! I am fighting this. Lets make it a special event for as many as possible.

18 Likes

Do we get to wear badges with our forum names on :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please, please, no!

(Whenever I go to a conference I refuse to wear one.)

2 Likes

I think we have to :grinning: how else do we know who’s who?

1 Like

Again guys…the pubs.

The pubs.

That’s where the magic happens.

Going down the pub

1 Like

Take care Dan

DG…

Alley cat is the one without a Naim!

2 Likes

Masks with our avatars on ?

Graham’s might be scary :scream:

2 Likes

Personally I think the limited “Golden Tickets” for the Naim HQ visit should be for those who have overcome life saving treament and survived, this will give Dan the encouragement that this can be beaten.

Good luck Dan your posts are inspirational, such courage to post and share, keep fighting, love :heart:

14 Likes

Excellent idea if I may say so and hopefully not the same scenario as the golden ticket winners in Willy Wonka.

1 Like

Does that mean I could be in the draw…?:crossed_fingers:t4: :face_with_peeking_eye:
Edit: Just as happy to meet up with Dan in the pub by the way😉

1 Like

In addition, those who have not visited HQ before?

1 Like

I organised a forum factory tour and technical discussion a few years ago, after I’d had an accident that put me in an induced coma. Forum members were incredibly kind and supportive and when I floated the idea on the forum, lots of people expressed an interest in coming. I took a view on who I’d most like to meet, up to the limit that Naim set; I sent the list to Naim and they very kindly got in touch with everyone.

I’d gently suggest that members don’t chime in with suggestions as to how people should be chosen - overcoming life threatening illnesses, those who’ve not been before etc etc - and leave it entirely up to Dan to pick who he wants to go, once he’s clear of chemo and a date can be set. The more complicated people try to make it, the more difficult it becomes to organise. It needs to be fun for Dan and whoever he picks to go, not a logistical nightmare.

21 Likes

I think it is a really good idea to have a thread for Dan and fully support it, thanks @MikeD for starting it.

One of the things that came out of his choosing to talk about his cancer diagnosis in System Pics is that a few other people have disclosed their cancer journeys for the first time to other forumites there, which I think is a very good thing. Despite my experience of working with people in distress over many years and seeing how people do step up to offer support to those in need all the time, the level of support from forumites has been a pleasant surprise and very good to see. From reading Dan’s post it is clear he has valued this.

I am wondering how we as a group of people could help others do as Dan has done and take the big step of announcing their cancer or other life-changing or shortening illness. This community whilst having a few disagreements that get heated is a mostly supportive place and calm oasis within the maelstrom of the internet. Where kindness to others is often displayed and this thread is a perfect example of that and a reflection of what a bunch of good people we are . I am wondering though how we can create a space for others to talk about health issues and gain the support that Dan has and gain the benefits that Dan has articulated.

15 Likes

@Dan_M
Wow - I am so sorry. While going on work my first world problems with speakers (which are mind focused), there is a lot going on here.
Please - keep up and stay positive. As a pharmacist I really know what you are going through… all my wishes are send to you. Hard and difficult times … my thoughts go to you very often (writing this from my heart). Keep up

2 Likes