Dan's thread

@Dan_M not long now! You must be beyond excited and I can’t think of a more well deserved Superman to enjoy The “Chocolate Factory “! Remember if you get in the glass elevator to push the right button….On and loud !!! :sunglasses::musical_note::joy:

6 Likes

Anyone have any suggestions as to where is a good place to park which is within reasonable walking distance of the Naim factory site?

SuperDan

1 Like

There is sufficient space at the beginning of the street at the big goods store there. Perhaps 100 metres walk?

1 Like

Tescos? There are loads of retail places near naim hq to park. Even a macdonalds if peckish.

1 Like

Good points - the retail places might be options, assuming there are no 2-3 hour limits (like the Waitrose at the other side of the town).

Tesco has a three hour limit.
How about the Park & Ride, next to Tesco; about 10 minutes walk away.

There is loads of parking.

1 Like

Hi @Richard.Dane,

Can we park on site at Naim HQ?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like

The best place to park is in the car park next door to Next or by the DIY store. That’s where I park whenever I visit as there’s never any spaces available in the factory car park.

3 Likes

Id expect the star of the show to have his own nominated parking space for the day? Plus a valet to park it for him also. Then red carpet to the door, access to the executive washroom etc.
Set your expectations now Dan !

3 Likes

No special arrangements for me @Thegreatroberto.

It will be wonderful day I am sure!

4 Likes

Great - always looks chock-a-block round there whenever I drive past but I’ll give it a go.

I guess the Park-n-Drive is in Petersfinger, which would work too. The one I usually use for Salisbury is near Wilton.

Other than the goody bag with the Statement in it !

That non naim psu has put the mockers on it for you.
See if you can get a discount on a proper cd555psu !

1 Like

It works great thanks. My system is now complete. Just tinkering with Fraim shelving heights.

Very very happy with full 500 system and LP12 Full Klimax and Focal Sopra 2s.

Yes I could change out PSU but I don’t think it will yield any real improvement. I have other makes of equipment in the racks so I don’t think looks are particularly an issue either.

I think the biggest change would be better speakers. But I have only had them a year.

I am focusing more on family time, breaks away and enjoying the system. Upgrades are all done and are great.

10 Likes

Good man. Stick with what keeps you happy. And spend time with the family.

2 Likes

Wise words…….enjoy

1 Like

Hey @Dan_M , I coming down for the tour this week, I think I was lucky enough to get the last spot…

I’m driving down from north derbyshire, so have a room at the Premier Inn Swindon on the way down to break up the journey. I’ve looked again at the travel times for a start after work and unfortunately it doesn’t quite make sense for me try to make Salisbury to meet up the night before.

I’m definitely up for fish and chips after the visit before heading north though. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

2 Likes

Is anyone up for meeting the night before?

I am booked for 2 nights. I think after tour we meet at fish and chip shop around 5pm.

Let me know your thoughts.

2 Likes