Dan's thread

@Dan_M so chuffed to see this is happening! Well done all involved.

Plenty of pics pretty please…as I’m a +1 who has never been. Suffice to say I’m well happy for Dan…our Superman!!

4 Likes

I’m open to a get-together after the tour but obviously it’s up to Dan :grinning:

2 Likes

I think it’s the least Naim can do. Hoping for S1 and statement amps. Mayne bring the van empty kist in case boys!

1 Like

So guys, if you fancy a get together afterwards I am up for that. I haven’t booked hotel yet but intend to get a hotel close by. Driving down the night before.

1 Like

Dan good to read that things seem to be going well right now. I hope your situation continues to improve. Take care.

9 Likes

Okay so the visit is full but if there’s a meet up after I’d love to join in. Hotel sounds good so we can have a few beers. I’ll keep checking for updates.

1 Like

Fantastic. May I open the suggestions for a rendezvous as follows:

Harbour Fish & Chips (11 Salt Lane; site of the original Naim factory/shop)
5.00pm (when it opens for evening service, or whenever the tour ends and people can make it)
Eat there, then move on for some beer?

If a (live) musical addition is required, I would suggest Choral Evensong at the Cathedral which is at 5.30pm, then fish & chips afterwards.

Thoughts?

Mark

3 Likes

I am booked in for two nights at a B and B about 3 miles away from HQ for 10th and 11th. I am not sure how long the factory visit will last but understand some lunch is part of it.

1 Like

We should be finished around 4pm at Naim HQ. If anyone else wants to join us for food and drinks then let me know!

Will be driving but should be able to hang around for a while afterwards :crossed_fingers:t2::grinning:

1 Like

Hi Dan, I’m interested - I’m only a short drive from Salisbury.

1 Like

@Ebor has come with a good idea of fish and chips and beer.

Is there a pub near there where can meet first?

1 Like

Hi Chris,

We are working out where and when to meet first of all.

We will get there with it. I don’t know the area so if anyone can suggest a pub to meet at around 4.30pm to 5pm.

I am sure you will all recognise me!

Cheers,

Dan

1 Like

If they look dodgy……you can always put a hat on or wig😉
Hope you all have a lovely day, especially you Dan. Hope the Great Dane will be with you for the the tour….great guy👍

1 Like

Thanks Gazza. All being well (i.e. M25 and M3 willing), I’ll be there, along with Jason and Mark.

6 Likes

I’ve been lucky enough to be invited for the tour @Dan_M, looking forward to meeting everyone.

There’s a nice hotel in town that was recommended to me in the past by Peter Swain, hopefully I can track it down.

2 Likes

Collected new car from Fords Dagenham site today……very delayed by M25 and then the A13. Hope it works out for all on the day.
Great line up from Naim👍

4 Likes

I’m not very up to date on Salisbury pubs, I’m afraid, but here are some which are close to Harbour Fish & Chips and which seem OK from what I can tell from their websites:

• The Pheasant Inn (19 Salt Lane)
  • Royal George Inn (17 Bedwin Street)

(Salisbury Arms looks a bit too cocktail bar for my money)

So, Dan, do you want to propose one or the other for a pre-chippy meeting? Will 4.30pm fit with your tour timings?

Mark

1 Like

The “Haunch of venison” in city centre is great and very authentic

1 Like

Reputedly spooked - the roasts there are not bad and yes, it has that olde worlde charm.