David Sylvian | Japan | Rain Tree Crow

371 pages of some of the smallest print I’ve ever read. Probably equivalent to 500 pages of normal print - should keep you busy.

1 Like

This arrived over the weekend. I was able to find the Abbey Road remaster.
Thanks to @Jonners for pointing me to this particular remaster. It sounds excellent.
Great stuff.

4 Likes

Glad you approve, the AR Remaster of GTP is equally impressive in my view.

1 Like

I have one of these:

G

7 Likes

Get your preorder in quick while it’s £15
Exorcising ghosts at Amazon

1 Like

There is a seller on eBay who has copies of mixer desk recordings of DS concerts. The quality is rather good. Worth a look.

1 Like

That’s lush @GraemeH
Would like a vinyl version of that, please!

I’m hunting down a copy of Brilliant Trees on vinyl. Anyone able to advise whether I should go for an original copy or recent remaster?

Big thank you to @anon27418182 and @robert_h for highlighting those gems.

1 Like

Just had an email from Amazon and I quote “As a result of limited availability for the order release of the Exorcising Ghosts [VINYL], we’ve cancelled the item from the following order” rather miffed to put it politely!
Anyone else had this?

Hi @SimonDC
No but I was intending to get this so I appreciate the heads up.
I wonder why this has been delayed?
Thanks

I wouldn’t worry too much. The original vinyl is relatively easy to source in good condition and should be usefully cheaper to buy than the reissue.

1 Like

Me too! Seem to remember wondering when he would walk on stage only to find he was already, looking beardy I seem to recall.

1 Like

Can’t remember a beard at that time - but a while ago now - I recall him looking like this (with the band).

I do remember that the sound quality of the gig was amazing.

3 Likes

Just to add that it sounds really good as well.

Just cleaned and played mine for the 1st time in 20+ years.

I doubt the repress will be any better.

1 Like

Mine was cancelled as well.
Cheapest price I found was at burning shed but still £40 odd incl postage.

1 Like

‘Spirit of Sylvian’
@BBC6Music
Thurs Oct 27th
10.30-13.00

VERY excited about this.

Nice spot

It’s not immediately clear if the first programme is repeated? Anyway seems to be from 10:30 until 13:00

1 Like

I heard this advertised, so I’m excited to hear. Hopefully Mary Anne Hobbs doesn’t gush too much!

1 Like

Now it’s here
Mary Anne Hobbs - David Sylvian - BBC Sounds
oooh i really wasnt expecting his speaking voice to be so different to his singing voice!!
and he doesnt say “Japan” once, always “the band”.

I’m about halfway through. Marvellous stuff. As @robert_h says, his speaking voice is unexpected. And what’s his accent?

I think he’s absorbed a US accent from living in New Hampshire for many years.