David Sylvian | Japan | Rain Tree Crow

Seems odd. I’ve been in the US for 30+ years, and I haven’t changed at all y’all.

3 Likes

Here’s his “original” voice: David Sylvian ( Radio, post Japan Interview) - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks for the link. It’s a decent interview, although people have always wanted to tar him with the Bryan Ferry brush. Sylvian handles it well. And yes, he sounds very Southern English (and young) on this one.

Great programme as you would expect from Mary Anne Hobbs who is a huge SD fan.
I thought the whole thing was really well put together - some great music played throughout. Well done everyone!!

You’ve got 30 days to listen to it on 6Music via BBC iPlayer if you missed it.

1 Like

Out tomorrow…

Twinkle³ feat. David Sylvian & Kazuko Hohki Upon This Fleeting Dream [vinyl]

• cortizona / CORTIZONA017
  • Nobody loves me - be the 1st!

Not for David Sylvian the well trodden path of 'Let’s Rock the ‘80s’ showcases. He has chosen a more esoteric path following chart success and this continues with this collaboration with Clive Bell’s Twinkle³project. Alongside Kazuko Hohki (Frank Chickens), he reads poems over the abstract rhythms and minimal ambience underneath. A beautiful blend of electronica and spoken word.

2 Likes

The Mary Anne Hobbs show wasn’t an interview, more an “audio diary”, with the Sylv just talking and playing some music. Great stuff and well worth a listen if you’re a fan:

3 Likes

There’s a track sung by DS on the new Ryuichi Sakamoto compilation released today.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.