Dbpoweramp

Thanks, this way it finally worked!

I have to say, that I really prefer this option of flac being converted to wav on US then going into 272/XPS and to active ATC 50s. SQ is awesome!
There is this real finesse and instrument separation in the soundstage we usually hear in very expensive setups.

It may be worth adding that this is not just any site, but the German Naim distributor, MusicLine, now a part of Focal Naim Germany

Ripped the 1.7c to a disk, inserted - it did not work… the disk came out 10 mins after and system still 1.7b…

After the cd is ejected, there is still circa 20 minutes or more where the unit will perform the update.
Also the iso image must be burned to CD-R using appropriate software eg balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives

What does his mean? Did you burn the iso file as a disk image to a CD-R? (I.e., not just copied the file to a CD-R). https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-burn-an-iso-image-file-to-a-dvd-2626156

Yes sure burned the image to disc

:+1: unfortunately this is the extent of what I can add to this issue

All the above, & after being reminded of the times helping out a friend with his US, is why I find a regular NAS & CD ripping, with full editorial control, using dBpoweramp on my laptop to be so-o simple & easy

2 Likes

Just having fun )

Have another question - how is done Flac to Wave decoding on US during the playback? Software or Hardware based?

So if you successfully burned the iso image, then you will now have a CD which has the various files on it. Can you see those with your PC?

Assuming you burned the disc correctly then:

1. I suggest you restart your Unitiserve as you have been messing around with it.

2. Put in the CD and the US will spin up, read the CD and eject it after a couple of minutes. Then just leave the US alone for 20 mins.

3. After about 15 mins you should see the US restart itself. Eventually the flashing logo will go steady.

4. After another 5 mins to be sure, restart the US again and now you should see the firmware as 1.7c

Best

David

No idea, I have no US, but there seems to be an option somewhere as far as I can tell when I search for Unitiserve & wav & flac.

Did you get these instructions?

(They refer to 1.7b but the process for 1.7c is the same.)

yes I have it thx

I have activated the decoding, just wanted to understand how it works

Did it again - it worked this time, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.