Dedicated mains feed

Sure, I live in Italy so I suppose there are differences indeed.

Cross-sectional area. It should really be quoted as 10mm^2, but it’s most commonly referred to simply as 10mm.

1 Like

Question…theoretically should earth cables be screened…???

Ok that’s useful. The principle is the same, you want to get the Hi-Fi onto a dedicated circuit, not shared by other household electrical items. I’d suggest, if no Italian members pop up and offer advice, contacting your local Naim dealer to enquire as to what they would recommend and then seek the advice of an electrician. Your dealer may be able to recommend a suitable electrician too.

Thank you @Clive and @james_n

@james_n My electrician is willing to help me luckily, but he seems not to have done any dedicated circuit like this (I suppose he doesn’t know the specs needed), therefore I’d better contact my Naim dealer as you suggested.

Had my new three radial circuits installed yesterday. This was done in 6mm2 twin and earth to a new consumer unit.

For information, the electrician installed the following components;

• Hager six way 100A metal consumer unit, model No. VML106
  • Hager 32A RCBO (3No.)
  • BASEC approved 6mm2 twin and earth cable
  • Schneider Exclusive GSKT2G unstitched double socket (6No.)

As in the UK all the work was done in accordance with the Wiring Regs, Part P of the Building Regs, tested and certified accordingly.

I have attached some photos showing the final result.

image image image image

1 Like

Looks great…have you connected up yet??? findings???

absolutely, we’re dying in antici…pation!

@Richieroo

@GadgetMan

No, not yet. Electrics done yesterday, new carpets being fitted next week.

Big empty space at the moment.

6 Likes

Good size room jealous :astonished:

1 Like

You should find there is a burn-in period, but should see an immediate improvement. Good job…

Is your main fuse 100A? If not worth buying one from a electrical wholesaler (mine was about £6, 20 years ago) and polishing the contacts…makes a difference believe it or not…

System was reinstated today. Now to burn it in and see how it goes.

5 Likes

Great setup … I have a large single stack…glad I am not alone!!

Do you need steps to reach the deck?

Can you list the boxes in order?

From top…ND555, 552 head, NAP500, 552ps, 555psdr for digital, 555psdr for analogue, NAP 500psu…phew… On Atacama Evoque SE … with custom legs to suit Naim.

1 Like

Nice rack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It works very well…its a very revealing system…I would like 2 stacks but just don’t have space…

No, just a good height for me.

Boxes are (from bottom);

• 2x NAPSC (for Headline and NAC 282)
  • SuperCap DR
  • FlatCap XS
  • 2x NAP 250 DR
  • CD 5 XS
  • Linn Radikal
  • NAC 282
  • SNAXO 242
  • Headline
  • Bluetooth Adapter
  • Majority Robinson Internet Radio Adapter
  • Linn LP12 / Keel / Tangerine Audio Khamen / Ekos SE / Krystal / Urika Phono Stage
  • Kudos Titan 606 speakers (with NAC A5)
  • PowerLine Lites
1 Like

Yes that’s what I did … a double one then having two block soff those

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed: