Do I need NACA5

Check the plugs, and the soldering. Well worth replacing if not spot on and will sound much better.

Chord Odyssey here.

1 Like

Nac A5 is a human right.

3 Likes

You don’t need NACA 5 but I find it to be an excellent cable at a reasonable price even these days. I’ve used it with Naim, Devialet, Dynavector, and First Watt and into Spendor, Naim, Shahinian, and Wilson Audio and it has sounded excellent in each case.Other cables I’ve used are Silversmith and Transparent Super.

Good cable makes a difference and you can spend a lot of money but NACA 5 does a great job at a fair price.

3 Likes

Ok finally this arrived. The run I got was a lot more than I need but it will future proof me if I move anything about. So what’s the recommended way to have this as neat as possible to my Atom while managing the longer lengths than I actually need, also one side is a lot nearer than the other I guess just coiling is not advised?

Coiling is not advised. Folding is the way.

3 Likes

I have no option but to coil mine but as NACA is so stiff it sits under the rack in an unruly coil with overlaps so it can’t be behaving like an inductor surely?

I’m about to order some A5 but I need 9m per side to allow for longest run to left speaker, is this considered a bit long and should I have any concerns? (apart from cost!)

No concerns with 9m, many agree 5m to 10m is best

1 Like

Hmm hardly discreet is it.

As its on along TV bench type thing I can most likely get the cable to loop back behind it so I won’t see it so much. We’ll see.

A hairdryer is useful for making it temporarily more pliable where you neet to bend it to fit. (Or a hot air paint stripper, used with caution!)

A mate has his folded behind a cabinet, tied together much like this photo

I am using Chord Odyssey with a Superuniti for 4 years plus and very happy and no problems.

1 Like

No room under only behind and it doesn’t have that wider gap. I’ll manage something.

I’m very happy with my Witch Hat N2 cable between my XS2 and PMC twenty5.22s. Reputedly similar characteristics to NACA5 but in black braiding and flexible and half the price. Best of all if you don’t like it send it back within 30 days for a full refund.

1 Like

Surprised no one mentioned Liiiiiiiiiiiiii oh better not but much cheaper and easier to handle though

1 Like

Excellent price! no way! I agree its a good quality copper cable but its hardly a bargain anymore, the cable started out life at £4 a meter 10 years or so ago, about the same price as budget QED silver anniversary and in 10-15 year period has quadrupled in price for shot gun style copper cable.

when theres a much cheaper alternative that sounds pretty much identical, a little softer maybe which can be handy in some situations. hmmmm. I guess it really depends on your wallet but i would certain listen to both and see if its worth almost 1.5 times the cost.

Naca5 is truly horrible stuff to handle. Maybe look for some s/h Naca4 on the usual site or some L**n “kable” both of which are far more user friendly.

I have been wrestling with NAC A5 today - once you tame it with some clamps it relaxes and becomes a little more obedient.:sunglasses:

The back plate is an old one just to aid the jig for soldering purposes. A new full plastic housing (that came with the fangs) is offered after NAC A5’s cooling down period.:joy:

1 Like