Do Naim’s adverts resonate today?

That was good, Hollow…

Exhibit 1 - Paul Rand’s 1962 original.

3 Likes

3 Likes

french advertising. Naim goes ahead of stereotypes. something like that…

4 Likes

Are you sure it’s not “Naim is a type of stereo”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The only ad that I remember from that time is Linns “Is this a lemon?” from the introduction of the CD. I think it may have been on the back-cover of HiFiNews.

:small_blue_diamond:Jan,…Here you have one more Linn ad from the 80-century.
I think it passes many “borders” today,.2019.
But then no one reacted.

/Peder🙂

6 Likes

That linn one looks like it will need some tweaking to get it sounding right. The other one should be great straight out from the box.

3 Likes

Oh man, careful now Peder :slight_smile:

Strange I dont remember any Naim-ads - they’re just the kind that usually stick with me. Probably read the wrong magazines. I was a devoted follower of Jean Hiraga and the L’Audiophile magazine at that time. HiFiNews was the only english one I read (because they published Hiraga articles from time to time :-)).

This I am certain was on the HiFiNews back-cover (also referring to introduction of the CD):

3 Likes

Linn designed a few advertisements which were sexist [ from the early 90s i think ] one such i took offence of at the time was this stunner:

I like to think it says more about attitudes of the times, rather than Linn HiFi, and i know they were far from the only audio company blatantly use very sexist advertising.
It’s historical and i’ve forgiven them since, i expect they regret it too, can’t be a good company policy to patronise and alienate women from their potential customer base these days, even if moral conduct is too demanding for some blokes brains :monkey:

<>

I don’t recall any historical naim audio advert being sexist (?)

This old Linn add was however, quite funny, and still holds true imo : )

5 Likes

Debs,

Careful now. I think advertising other manufacturers is contrary to forum rules :wink::thinking:

2 Likes

it was not a problem before, Naim and Liinn were married.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, as long as no one points this out, i’m sure the mods won’t notice ; )

4 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:I think the old ads from the 1980’s have no meaning.
But Richard can answer.
I see it just as a fun way to compare marketing in the 80 century.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Before Richard have time to have an opinion :sunglasses:,.This ad is well-known,.from the 80-century.

/Peder :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m fine with old historical ads.

5 Likes

Phew, thought you were in trouble there for a while Debs :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the behind the scene info!

1 Like

Would have been amusing to sit in on a casting call for this ad. :star_struck:

1 Like

yes it would be funny. Hifi brands should make funny advertisings like before .

1 Like