Does anyone have 2 turntables

I suppose thats only gonna work with a table that doesnt need an earth.

1 Like

You just connect both earth wires to the terminal on the back of the 72. Slightly fiddly, but it can be done.

1 Like
  1. Thorens TD124/Fidelity Research FR64s/Denon 103/Superline/Supercap

2. LP12/Kore/Aro/Troika/Prefix/HiCap2

3 Likes

And your TT is seriously gorgeous

2 Likes

Of course! Should have thought of that

1 Like

Yes.

LP12 and a PT Anniversary in need of repair from Arthur if and when I can afford it.

A few ancient Dual TTs too.

1 Like

Thank you for saying so. My turntable is now the oldest component in my system and I still have no desire to change it. Now I’m just waiting for my new cartridge to arrive in a couple months.

2 Likes

Don’t think you can add a second set of cards to the cd input. It’s just a regular line level. But, I’ll have to take a look to be absolutely sure…

1 Like

Yes you can, but you may have to cut the links on the motherboard if no cards are currently fitted in the ‘CD’ position.

1 Like

Yes i do info in my profile.

You’re going to force me to look now!

For several years: Bauer Audio DPS3 and MicroSeiki DDX1500

Actual thinking about the replace them with a Solstice… :thinking:

atb, Tom

2 Likes

You are correct. Never spotted that before

1 Like

Three at the moment;

• Technics SP10 MKII / SME 3009 S2 Improved / Shure V15
  • Heybrook TT2 / Linn Basik or Japan Piezo PU-402 / various cartridges
  • Rega Planar 3 / RB250 / Nagaoka MP-200
    Really do need to find a new home for one.
2 Likes

2 Likes

They look a bit samey, is there some devilish detail to distinguish them?

Maybe the cables…

This year as it happens I do now own 2 turntables. This came about after discussing with a few friends if a Hifi system that sounded decent could be put together for less than £150. I went down the secondhand and vinyl route. I bought a Dual CS505-2 and put a new Ortofon OM5e cart on it plus a Technics SU600 int Amp. I cheated a bit with the speakers as I had a set of old Castle Severn2 drivers and made a set of shelf speakers from them plus bought a set of Castle cross-overs off eBay. Actually, it was all bought on eBay including some used Linn speaker cables. Once I had serviced, cleaned, and set up the TT it sounds pretty good and I use it in my study.

2 Likes

I agree with Yeti. They look very similar. And very lovely indeed.

But that raises the obvious question why you have two such similar decks - to which I can’t think of an obvious answer.

I’m intrigued to know why you have 2 Sondeks?