Download now available for Naim Streamers

Thanks. Using Tidal Connect for now!

I note that I don’t have the Max option on the Android version (v7.0.1) of the Naim app either.

I wonder why, it streams 24bit/192Hz FLAC fine over a wired connection via UPnP, not a chance over WiFi though.

Streaming to my Qb2 over WiFi with no issues at all

EDIT: just noticed you were talking about the 272 not a current gen streamer, my bad

Its wifi is too wimpy.

The WiFi buffer is too small I seem to remember reading on this forum however it does handle 24bit/192Hz FLAC over wired connection using UPnP; it’s not perfect though, hoping for a solution using Tidal Max (or Qobuz) and the Naim app.

Update to Muso qb2 is clunky with no onscreen feedback on what is happening.

Naim developers should check out how Wiim implement a firmware update with step-by-step feedback in the app on what is happening.

Two Mu-so Qb 2nd generation, a Uniti Nova and a NSS 333 updated. All units sounds excellent :notes::100:

2 Likes

Does tidal connect basically play tidal to your streamer via airplay? And can you actually see the resolution level?

Not by Airplay I believe, and no loss in quality. You can see the resolution in both the Tidal app and the Naim app.

Thanks. If not via airplay, how does tidal connect to naim?

I understand it’s more of a controller in that it tells the streamer the URL to stream the selected track / album from. I’m sure others who properly understand this can explain it better.

Version 7.1 of the app is available on iOS App Store now. Solves the max issue

Thanks @HungryHalibut

3 Likes

New app has a nicer settings menu
But search/filter still not working correctly :worried:

1 Like

Just trying it now, despite it saying volume buttons are positioned better mine are still the same, turned on slider mode and no slider!

Does anyone use Google Assistant voice commands to control Naim streamers? I was trying to help someone out on another thread, when I discovered they stopped working on all three of my streamers after the upgrade.

Or even if you don’t do so on a regular basis - I don’t - could someone who uses the Google Assistant and has updated their Naim streamer (current generation) try telling the Google Assistant to play music on the streamer. Preferably starting with the streamer in standby mode.

Yes, the search/filter bar still disappears on v 7.1 when searching on UPnP (eg albums, artists).

The update notes state this is fixed but not for me.

1 Like

Yay! All working now. Great stuff :grinning:.

Edit: Spoke too soon. I can’t get Max to stick on the Android app v7.1. It keeps defaulting to Low. All of the other options stick e.g. High. I’ve tried disabling, logging out of Tidal and back in again. No joy.

1 Like

Oh dear. It looks ok on the iOS app, but I’ve only had a quick look. Updated to 7.1 on my iPad and MacBook too, and all seem to be working OK on Max setting now.

Disappointing that the firmware got released when there was clearly a known issue with the app, as it got fixed so quickly. Might have been better to delay a day to avoid the confusion.

Hopefully they’ll sort the Android issue quickly.

I’m using XLR too and can’t find the Din input option in the app, so wary of doing the update incase I’m left soundless! Reconfiguring inputs is opaque to me.

G

1 Like

I mainly use my iPad (bigger screen) but as it’s a ‘family’ device I don’t get exclusive use!

1 Like