Download now available for Naim Streamers

Hmmm, I’m not offered that option. I’m on iOS 18, so I wonder if that’s the problem

Same on my 222. No max option on the App

1 Like

Works here on iOS 18.

What happens if you click on the Quality line where it says Hifi?

This…

Same as @Audioclueless

I cannot explain this. Either your app is not the latest or it thinks you don’t have Max access in Tidal.

The app version you can check easily by clicking the gear icon top right and then About. It should be 7.0.1

If this persists you should perhaps contact Naim support.

Having checked the App Store on my device(s), only version 7.0.1 of the app is available. Which I think is the problem here - it will play hi-res through Tidal Connect, but not the native app

1 Like

That is the correct version and the latest public version available.

Hmmm, odd. I’ll contact Naim support then…

Problem solved. I have connected my NSS 333 with XLR cables to the NAP 332 and during the update the DIN input was selected as default.

You could power cycle the device to double check as well, I guess. Maybe restarting solves this. But otherwise, yeah contact them, or maybe someone with an answer comes along here.

Don’t have an NC device myself so answering from my Uniti experience.

1 Like

For the record, a power cycle didn’t solve the issue.

I’ve raised a support request and happy to update if there’s any progress

2 Likes

I’ve linked this thread into the beta group and highlighted it to Naim’s developers.

1 Like

On final point from me, also tried my iPad (also iOS18 and Naim app 7.0.1.) and on the Naim app on my MacBook (also 7.0.1. and MacOS 15). Same issue, so sounds like it’s an issue on the streamer side of things. Also, there are several entries in the Tidal catalogue that show as “greyed out” and when I try to play them, I get this…

Did you try uninstalling the naim/focal app and reinstalling it?

Yes! No different.

When I got this issue after firmware update I solved it by deleting the item from the list and then readied it, select ng the Hi Res version where there is a choice :wink:

I have the same problem on my NSC 222, no Tidal Max option in the Naim app, but Tidal Connect works and plays at Max when that quality is available. V7.0.1 of the Naim app. Logged out of Tidal in both Tidal and Naim apps. Still no option.

1 Like

There is a new version of the app, 7.1, on its way. That should make the Tidal Max option visible, so I believe.

1 Like