Electro/techno suggestions

Went to see him in Brixton a couple of years ago. Massive schoolboy error of not checking the set times - he didn’t even come on til 2am and our last train home was 12ish.

As me and my mate got progressively more hammered, we contemplated staying, going to an afterparty, getting 7am train and then dealing with the ensuing nuclear wives fallout.

The only reason I’m still here to write this is we chose to bail and miss the gig :sob::sob:

3 Likes

That…is…awesome!!! :laughing:

La Belle Du Jardin. Pilgrims of the mind. 1998,

If electronic dance music can really liberate us, this is at the top of my feeling horny list. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely killer track! I enjoy the original, but Suduaya’s remix is—no surprise—flat out awesome.

1 Like

2 Likes

Bicep next Saturday will be my first gig in close to 2 years :partying_face:

To avoid any more set time disasters we’ve got an Airbnb this time :wink:

One of their earlier numbers.

4 Likes

Lucky you! Well-earned, too. Bicep is great. I really wish I lived in Europe :wink:

A night out sounds quite an alien concept still, sure to be a good one, more than a little jealous.
One of the last bigger outtings I had was Metalheadz 25th at Printworks, had to check when it was even, October ‘19! That’s going on 2 years :woozy_face:

Agree about feeling a bit wierd about going out out.

Given our ages, me and my lot will likely be in the double-jabbed minority there, so :crossed_fingers:

My last gigs were at Printworks - Floating Points and Aphex - both in that Autumn ‘19 run of gigs too. Undecided whether I like the place - good system in there but the queuing/searching was beyond painful on those 2 nights. And it’s the arse-end of nowhere unless you live around Docklands.

Another great track.

For a period of the mid-late 90s, I’d argue that Underworld were the best live act on the planet.

Their fan forum - celebrating 25 years of existence - is broadcasting various shows 24/7 for the rest of the week

1 Like

I tend to agree regards Printworks, I get the concept but I always find the soundsystem a bit lacking there, not quite a Spiral Tribe warehouse party setup!
I used to work down the road from The End, that was always good fun.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the live DJ series from HÖR Berlin, featuring Electro and Techno sets from established and up and coming DJ’s in the Berlin area.

Here’s one recent set i found quite intoxicating, both musically as well as visually.

2 Likes

This is so great. She’s quite a talent. I’ve seen her on the Amsterdam Dance Event site.

1 Like

Underworld 1992-2002 Boxed Set (Mint)

Saw them live in Central Park NYC!

3 Likes

How about…

Dave Clark!
Archive One.

1 Like

It’s a classic, might have to listen to it myself now :partying_face:

1 Like

Funnily enough I remember Dave Clarke having a pop at Pete Tong around that time for softening up hardcore - yet I remember daves late night essential radio mix being definitely a game changer. :grinning:

1 Like

Not Directly a song, but what place is this? Who knows? :slight_smile:

Berghain, Berlin

1 Like