Emma Raducanu

The telegraph has several articles, Colly:

1 Like

Irrespective of the outcome she’s lifted so many people’s spirits in these gloomy times and it’s so nice to see.

My kids have been pulling my leg about constantly watching Emma’s performances at Wimbledon and US Open, it’s such a shame they don’t want to sit down and watch the matches with me, they have so many other ‘calls’ on their time.

I vividly remember watching Virginia Wade in the Wimbledon final in 1977 - my father took an old B&W TV to my primary school and rigged up a makeshift aerial so my class could watch the match.

4 Likes

I’ve actually found the Amazon Prime coverage to be excellent, though I was annoyed and dismayed that they discussed Zverev’s private life during his match with Harris the other day - if there is any truth in certain allegations it will come out in time and he will have to face the consequences but for now it’s nothing but unsavoury tittle-tattle, and he deserves to be considered innocent until any allegations are proven.

So for many that means not on TV. Shame (but then I guess only a small proportion of Brits normally watch the US Open)

I watched it as well,……and I don’t really like tennis :grinning:

1 Like

Well, er yes, but shes playing tennis not having a baby!

fin de joke alert<>

Heres hoping for the winner!

1 Like

@NFG Another kitty avatar… name and pics please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just hope that Emma can deal with the relentless media attention, and, frankly, sheer BS, that has already switched into overdrive over the last week. It’s already driven Naomi Osaka into the ground this year.

Anyway, good luck to her! (still not a great fan of tennis :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Amazon are doing a weeks Prime membership for £0.99 . That’s what we’ve took out to watch then cancel it after the match tonight with Emma.
Don’t want to watch the self righteous Djokovic .

Thought you could sign up to Amazon Prime for a months free trial?

The final is being shown not only on Amazon prime but also on Channel 4 - no need to mess about with prime subscriptions.

1 Like

Yes, C4 8pm tonight!

A star indeed. But how about this Bangladesh opening test batsman his surname is Naim. Yes Mohammed Naim

Must be a pun there somewhere …

Here we go…
Good luck Emma!

1 Like

Come on Emma!! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I can hardly bear to watch it….

Whooee…back to deuce…and then AD Emma…
Then 2-0!
Golly, I may drink this Sipsmith VJOP dry by the end of this…

Camera is so high, can’t get a good view. Music blasting out at every changeover and general tacky event. Whatever happens, Wimbledon will come for her and it will really mean something.

Watching here on Channel 4 (prime video) no advert breaks at all, camera view is fine, sounds great through the naim system… it’s the US Open of course it means something! Well done Emma !

3 Likes