End of my tether

With Threads like these…who needs enemies?

1 Like

Mike, any update on the efficacy of moving furniture, room ‘treatment’?

Actually I think the feedback on here has been magnificent on the whole. Sure it gets more complex to come in now after nearly 900 posts but no-one should be criticised for that.

1 Like

Been wholly distracted by hoovering, lawn mowing, NOT working a 12 hour day and trying to live in close proximity to a 14 year old who’s like a caged tiger.

1 Like

Completely understand that HiFi is not our main concern at the moment.

Keep safe.

Cheers.

1 Like

Try as I might I’m enjoying lockdown and working from home but I cannot bring myself to listen to music at all at present.

What’s 858 posts among friends?

With threads like these, who needs enemas?

F.I.F.Y.

3 Likes

Just a thought, maybe there is a common denominator in the type of music you play and when the system sounds ok or slightly off. Its not an answer to the problem but it may lend a clue to the root of the problem?

Had wondered about it but I can’t see any common ground. It’s stuff I’ve played before and it used to sound fine.

I know you won’t have got your kit back yet, but how are you coping with the sound of things as they are at present ? Has it improved or is your retained memory of days gone by still compellingly better ?

Thanks for asking @Don.

Have listened to no music in weeks as the inconsistencies were beyond irritating. However, the whole family agree the TV sound is fine so the only sane conclusion is that it’s a long slow end of life for the CDX2.

Oh dear, apologies for poking the embers to see if there was any fire.

Enjoy the TV (and the family) whilst you contemplate options.

Cheers
Don

1 Like

Money is being saved for the end of lockdown.

The TV sound alone suggests it’s neither speakers or connections or amplification so I see no reason to move from the Naim ecosystem.

Thus I’m looking at an NDX2 and an Innuos solution.

Sounds like a good plan Mike.

I bet you get a few alternative “recommendations” between now and when you make your move :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’d expect nothing less :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The NDX2 will be an excellent result.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to intervene but, the NDX2 is excellent no doubt - I’ve heard it and can confirm - but it has Naim characteristics and won’t be so dissimilar from the CDX2 which in my opinion is an excellent player. Are you concluding that the CDX2 is faulty?

1 Like

And why not get back to HQ for a service?

1 Like

From 2008. Unserviced.