English Electric EE1

To get the benefit, you need a GS108E or GS108T switch (not the standard GS108 unmanaged switch) and a low noise power supply (such as the iFi Power X) and then set the switch to low power mode.

2 Likes

GS105 or GS105E?
They are completely different switches.

2 Likes

I’ve got the iFi power supply and GS108. Was advised on here to get that one as it’s unmanaged!

The former.

Had purchased the EE1 . And plugged on to try out … this is what I had observed— the high and low are cleaner and quieter overall across the spectrum. More micro details been revealed . C clear cable not bad at all…am gonna get either a Sarum T or Music from EE 1 to dCS . I have to admit chord makes better streaming cable .

Plugged on my heindall 2 streaming cable… sound too big for my game room ,although it gives better sound overall.

Thanks guys for the feedbacks on EE1

2 Likes

@Dan_M @frenchrooster

I don’t know who told you that the unmanaged GS108 is better… the GS105E / GS108E are electrically a LOT quieter, although you do need to set them to use the Low Power mode to get the full benefit.

https://community.naimaudio.com/t/switches-and-switch-psus-with-1st-gen-streamer-a-272

2 Likes

I ditched the freebie C-Stream for the Shawline with my EE1 and it was well worth it. Good lord with a Sarum or Music would be amazing.

3 Likes

Beside c streams , other models are out of stocks … I wonder … how to demo or purchase when there is no stocks … in fact , many makes are not having any physical stocks in their retails …

1 Like

Guess I was lucky. I’m in North America and visited my local hi-fi shop and left with 10% off a Chord Shawline.

1 Like

Yes you are… I was offered to buy demo cables :sweat_smile:… a no no for me … too expansive to buy demo cables with no discounts at all

1 Like

Nice.

I ditched mine for the Epic with the EE1.

All the other streaming cables are Clearway.

DG…

2 Likes

Currently I have the chord signature going from ee1 to my streamer . From port to ee1 is the c stream . Should I use the signature from port to ee1 and get a better chord from ee 1 to streamer ? OR. Get an epic from port to ee1 and remain the signature to streamer ? :thinking:

1 Like

I’d go for Shawline as a minimum with your Signature. Epic from port to ee1 and
Signature to your streamer would likely be really really good.

1 Like

When I spoke to Chord, they advised to put the higher quality cable as the last cable to the streamer.

So presently looking out for a cable above the Epic spec.

DG…

2 Likes

Perhaps a Sarum T for you ? Or signature as it’s a level up from the epic . I believe any cable level up from your epic will do great

Watching a Signature streaming cable at the moment.

My mains cable is a SignatureX and that is very good.

DG…

2 Likes

FWIW I’ve been as far as Sarum level ‘streaming’ cable including C-Stream, Clearway, Shawline, Epic & Signature.

I preferred C-Stream, but even that doesn’t improve on a Designacable Cat 6a (floating).

Save your money is my advice.

G

3 Likes

In which ways is a Catsnake better than Sarum Ethernet?

My experience also, though I’ve not tested the most expensive ones but few in 100-200€ range. BJC Cat6a works for me.

2 Likes

For me a good jump vs this level was Network Acoustics ENO